Building Research Capabilities Workshop
The Building Research Capabilities Workshop supported by the FBE Research Support Seminar and Workshop Series will focus on Experiments.
This workshop will be presented by Professor Tom Smith, Head of Department for Applied Finance as part of an integrated Building Research Capabilities program built around the following themes:
- Writing - how to write in a coherent and cohesive manner required for top tier journal publication
- Data - what data are available, how to access, how to clean, how to merge different data sets, how to use.
- Methods - discussion of alternate of research methods. For each method there will be discussion on what it is, how it is used, exemplars of it’s use and the key issues that Editors are focusing on currently with respect to these methods. Further reading and courses will be provided that you can take advantage of to learn more about each method.
- Surveys - what they are, how to use surveys in research; exemplars of survey use; and what Editors are looking for; further readings/courses in the area.
- Experiments - what they are, how to use experiments in research; exemplars of experiment use; and what Editors are looking for; further readings/courses in the area.
Friday 11 May 2018
|Financial Decision Lab|
Level 1, 4 Eastern Road
|Wednesday 9 May 2018|
Please register your attendance below.