All applications to the Bachelor of Music at Macquarie University are to be made through UAC. The basis for admission to the course is your Selection Rank or audition.
For admission via audition, you will need to:
- Submit an application form via e-mail to email@example.com, providing your personal details, educational background, musical background, and a brief personal statement. If your application is successful, you will receive notification of your assigned audition date/time via return e-mail.
- Complete a 30 minute audition including musical playback/performance, a short written component, and an interview.
Each audition will take around 30 minutes and will consist of the following:
- A 10-minute performance/presentation consisting of two pieces of work. You should be prepared to perform two compositions OR play two recorded compositions/productions. These pieces of work should be 20th/21st century popular music.
Your performance/presentation should also include a brief oral introduction (no more than two minutes each) for each work. These should discuss the works' context and significance in relation to your own musical background and development.
- A 15-minute written component. You will be asked to respond, in writing, to supplied short question(s) provided on paper.
- A five-minute interview.
Further information on the Audition process:
You will be required to bring the following:
- Your instrument (if required). A piano and a PA/mic will be available. If you require a drum kit or have other special requests, please indicate this on your application form. NB. Not all requests may be accommodated.
- An accompanist (if required)
- A recording of your backing track/s in USB/mp3 format, or on a portable music device with AUX output (if required)
- Your recorded compositions/production works in USB/mp3 format, or on a portable music device with AUX output (if required)
What we are looking for in the audition:
- Ability to communicate in various contexts (oral, musical, performance, written)
- Developing proficiency in selected instrument/s (including production, instrument, or voice)
- Ability to articulate musical and creative motivations
- Application forms: submitted by October 25, 2019 will be assessed for invitation to audition in November or early December 2019.
- Application forms received after October 25, 2019 but prior to January 1, 2020 will be assessed for invitation to audition in the first half of January 2020
Content owner: Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies Last updated: 03 Sep 2019 11:32am