Strategic Approaches to Solving Complex Problems
Finding solutions where ambiguity rules
Today’s business problems are increasingly impossible to define, let alone solve. Complex problems have the highest levels of uncertainty and ambiguity, but can also yield the most value.
Complex problems are characterised by confusion, multiple stakeholders, discord and lack of progress. They often can morph with every attempt to address them.
This course focuses on developing the competencies you will need to manage complex problems. It will teach you how to use a creative mindset that will help you to stand out in your field.
Want to talk to someone or need a brochure? Get started!
Learn from industry experts with extensive business and corporate strategy experience
Develop creative mindset, abilities and techniques to stand out in your field
Build capacity to evaluate situations and solve difficult problems
|17, 19, 24, 26 & 31 August 2021||Virtual Learning||14 hours over 5 days includes Live Workshops and Online Learning|
Session 1 & 5
Session 2, 3 & 4
|Online||$1,490 (incl. GST)||Register now|
* Early Bird Discount Applies
You will learn to:
- Identify and understand the dynamics of different classes of problem
- Anticipate barriers to solving complex problems
- Understand the mindset and abilities needed to operate effectively in this space
- Practice pragmatic tools and techniques to navigate ambiguity with greater confidence
- Become more flexible and resourceful in how you think, respond and lead
Who should attend
- Mid to senior-level managers in all industry sectors.
- High-potential managers or those wishing to extend their careers.
- Business managers responsible for innovation, change or IT projects.
What you will learn
Module 1: Understanding how we’ll collaborate to solve a complex problem
- Introduction to course flow and each other
- Problems review
- Tech check
Module 2: Understanding the Problem Space
- Different types of problems
- Underlying assumptions that determine outcomes
- Creative approach to tackling complex problems
Module 3: Opening up the Problem Space: Getting Unstuck
- Navigating ambiguity
- Managing your own state and determining your sphere of influence
- Changing perceptions to open up problem space
Module 4: Opening up the Problem Space: Motivations and Momentum
- Empathy and stakeholder management
- Determining motivations and objectives
- Creating momentum through experimentation
Module 5: Challenges in Application
- Group Coaching Session
- Challenges of putting the process into practise.
- Practical tips and tricks
How you will learn
Over the duration of your course, you will participate in online learning and live workshops utilising a custom built platform for your learning. You will also take part in e-learning independently and with your peers to embed learning.
Virtual workshop sessions bring a real-time, social learning environment, where you can share and learn from your peers and your expert facilitator with a limit of 20 participants per course.