The New Leader
Essentials of leadership
This highly-rewarding course enables ambitious managers and those in early leadership careers to achieve future success via a practical understanding of organisational leadership.
You will gain a clear understanding of the core elements of successful leadership.
The course is run by highly qualified and experienced industry practitioners who have worked with global brands and public sector bodies. It also provides a unique opportunity to meet and work with people in similar roles across a diverse range of organisations.
Want to talk to someone or need a brochure? Get started!
Core elements of successful leadership including communication, engagement and resilience.
Identify your strengths as a leader and how you can enhance your career performance.
Develop ‘big picture’ skills to broaden strategic perspective
|27 - 29 October||3 days||North Ryde campus (map)||$4,490 (incl. GST)||8||Register now|
This course teaches practical skills and tools you can apply directly in your workplace immediately after completing the course. It covers key areas such as team building, communication, personal and leadership styles, change management and resilience, giving you a deep understanding of these themes and how to master them as a leader.
You will learn to:
- Identify your strengths as a leader
- Enhance your awareness of how you are currently tracking in your career
- Take a ‘reality check’ of the skills demanded and gain an understanding of successful business leadership
- Explore future development options and identify the most important skills for higher-level leadership.
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Future leaders in the early stages of their career responsible for influencing and building a high-performance team culture.
- Early- to mid-career high potential managers with at least one year’s hands-on experience in a management role.
What you'll learn
Day 1: Leadership
- Introduction to leadership.
- Learning from positive and negative role models.
- Transactional and transformational leadership.
Day 2: Leading for employee engagement
- Driving a high performing team.
- Collaboration and innovation.
- Mindfulness and resilience.
- Mindsets and leadership.
Day 3: Developing self-awareness
- Personal motivational value systems.
- Influencing others.
- Approaches to conflict.
- Detailed action planning.