The Influential Leader
Lifting your leadership from operational to strategic
Want to talk to someone or need a brochure? Get started!
Learn from expert facilitators and industry experts
Develop key competencies to accelerate your leadership career
Real time peer feedback and meaningful project work
|18 - 21 May||4 days||Sydney city campus (map)||$7,490 (incl. GST)||14||Register now|
|9 - 12 November||4 days||Sydney city campus (map)||$7,490 (incl. GST)||14||Register now|
This tailored program will empower your thinking and challenge you to accelerate your leadership career. It will help you understand the nature of influence, power and authority and how to apply strategies to influence others. Participants will build a repertoire of skills including engaging, inspiring, influencing, empowering and coaching others.
You will learn to:
- Communicate a strong vision and purpose, and work to engage others.
- Use positivity and perspective to establish and maintain high performance.
- Understand the perceptions and needs of consumers, clients and stakeholders in a complex system and influence these for sound long-term decisions.
- Work constructively with group dynamics and manage the relationship between influence and authority.
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Those who are moving into a more strategic leadership role with a greater scope of responsibility and influence.
- Senior Executives and high performing business or operational managers who are working to achieve outcomes across multiple teams.
- Commonwealth Government– SES Band 1 and EL 2s.
- NSW Government – SES Director and Clerk 11/12.
What you'll learn
Day 1: Influence
- Influence and change in the learning zone.
- Narrative as a leading and influencing technique.
- Influence through a coaching and facilitative approach.
Day 2: Influencing others
- Finding the way in to another – 4MAT as an influencing model.
- Getting buy-in and empowering others – curiosity, questioning vs telling, positive belief.
- Individual organisational leadership challenge.
Day 3: The relationship between power and influence
- Refining and communicating your personal vision.
- Communicating with impact – skills and practice.
- Leading a diverse workforce – learning how staff construct the world of work.
- Shaping team and organisational culture.
Day 4: Critical-thinking
- Making good decisions in a context of ambiguity and constant change.
- Health and well-being for oneself and team.
- Journaling and design of action plan.
Meet your facilitators
Find out more
P: +61 2 9850 9016
North Ryde campus
99 Talavera Road
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Sydney city campus
Level 24, 123 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000