Applying Emotional Intelligence
Game changing for business, life changing for people
Emotional intelligence is widely recognised as an underlying attribute of effective leaders.
Today’s workplaces require high levels of collaboration, and interactions involving trust, respect, constructive conflict, perspective, empathy, influence and resilience.
Using the latest methods in social neuroscience, you will build your leadership and management skills, identifying ways of enhancing your own performance and that of others.
Want to talk to someone or need a brochure? Get started!
Learn from experts with extensive industry experience
Understand your EQ using the internationally recognised Genos Model
Drive performance by facilitating positive, productive emotions in others
|29 - 30 April||2 days||North Ryde campus (map)||$2,590 (incl. GST)||4||Register now|
|21 - 22 September||2 days||North Ryde campus (map)||$2,590 (incl. GST)||4||Register now|
You will learn to:
- Understand emotions and the relationship between emotions, decisions, behaviour and performance
- Practice self-awareness and empathy
- Understand emotional reasoning and decision-making
- Effectively manage emotions and respond to emotional triggers
- Facilitate emotions in others that drive their performance – for example, making others feel valued, respected, understood and involved in meaningful work, which enhances employees’ commitment, engagement and performance
Who should attend
- Leaders of people or people managers.
- Professionals working in roles where high levels of influence and interpersonal effectiveness are required (eg. Human Resource Professionals).
- Professionals working in sales, customer service or teams.
What you'll learn
Pre-course: Test your emotional intelligence
- Undertake the Genos Emotional Intelligence assessment as pre-work. During the course you will receive your results and assistance in responding to them.
Day 1: Understanding emotional intelligence
- The science of emotions and emotional intelligence.
- The relationship between emotions, decision, behaviour and organisational performance.
- Assessment results and personal action planning.
- Developing emotional self-other awareness.
Day 2: Working with emotions
- Facilitating authentic dialogue and effectively expressing feelings.
- Enhancing emotional reasoning and decision-making.
- Effectively influencing the way others feel and generating high performance on that basis.
Meet your facilitator
Find out more
P: +61 2 9850 9016
North Ryde campus
99 Talavera Road
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Sydney city campus
Level 24, 123 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000