Navigating Wicked Problems
Finding solutions where ambiguity rules
Today’s business problems are increasingly impossible to define, let alone solve. Wicked problems have the highest levels of uncertainty and ambiguity, but can also yield the most value.
Wicked problems are characterised by confusion, multiple stakeholders, discord and lack of progress. They often can morph with every attempt to address them.
This course focuses on developing the competencies you will need to manage wicked problems. It will teach you how to use a creative mindset that will help you to stand out in your field.
Want to talk to someone or need a brochure? Get started!
Learn from industry experts with extensive business and corporate strategy experience
Develop creative mindset, abilities and techniques to stand out in your field
Build capacity to evaluate situations and solve difficult problems
|17 - 18 March||2 days||North Ryde campus (map)||$2,990 (incl. GST)||5||Register now|
|18 - 19 August||2 days||North Ryde campus (map)||$2,990 (incl. GST)||5||Register now|
You will learn to:
- Identify and understand the dynamics of different classes of problem
- Anticipate barriers to solving wicked problems
- Understand the mindset and abilities needed to operate effectively in this space
- Practice pragmatic tools and techniques to navigate ambiguity with greater confidence
- Become more flexible and resourceful in how you think, respond and lead
Who should attend
- Mid to senior-level managers in all industry sectors.
- High-potential managers or those wishing to extend their careers.
- Business managers responsible for innovation, change or IT projects.
What you'll learn
- Three levels of problem: distinctions and dynamics.
- The power of ambiguity.
- Introduction to the creative approach to fuzzy problems.
- Creative tools and techniques.
- Defaults and triggers.
- Managing stakeholders.
- The way forward.
Meet your facilitator
Find out more
P: +61 2 9850 9016
North Ryde campus
99 Talavera Road
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Sydney city campus
Level 24, 123 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000