Best practices in negotiation
This course will help you master the art of negotiation – a management skill that is essential to leadership, business and career success.
You’ll learn to focus on the preparation, process and people involved in a negotiation process and to develop creative solutions, achieve business goals and build stronger relationships.
This career-enhancing course is facilitated by a Macquarie Business School faculty member and formerly a senior consultant to blue chip companies in Australia and overseas.
Want to talk to someone or need a brochure? Get started!
Develop negotiating skills using interactive models and case studies
Identify key leading negotiation strategies and learn when to use each one
Learn the fundamentals of influencing and negotiation from an expert facilitator
|13 - 14 February||2 days||North Ryde campus (map)||$2,290 (incl. GST)||4||Register now|
|5 - 6 May||2 days||North Ryde campus (map)||$2,290 (incl. GST)||4||Register now|
|20 - 21 October||2 days||North Ryde campus (map)||$2,290 (incl. GST)||4||Register now|
You will learn to:
- Identify key leading negotiation strategies and learn when to use each one
- Apply a negotiation framework adaptable to your business, department or organisation
- Remain resourceful when high emotions are involved and avoid common mistakes and pitfalls made by negotiators
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone wishing to improve their negotiation skills and is suited to:
- Managers from frontline through to senior leaders.
- Sales and business development staff.
- HR and IR practitioners.
What you'll learn
- Negotiation Framework.
- Common Mistakes in Negotiation.
- Strategies and Tactics in Negotiation
- Recognising and Influencing 5 Key Negotiation Phases.
- Recognising and Adapting Your Negotiation Style.
- The Critical Role of Framing.
- Managing Conflict and Tension in Negotiation.
- Dealing with Strong Emotions.
- Communicating Effectively Across Different Channels.
- Negotiation Deadlocks.
- Building Common Ground.
- Agreement and Execution.
Find out more
P: +61 2 9850 9016
North Ryde campus
99 Talavera Road
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Sydney city campus
Level 24, 123 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000