Navigating Wicked Problems
Finding solutions where ambiguity rules
Today’s business problems are increasingly impossible to define, let alone solve. Wicked problems have the highest levels of uncertainty and ambiguity, but can also yield the most value.
Wicked problems are characterised by confusion, multiple stakeholders, discord and lack of progress. They often can morph with every attempt to address them.
This program focuses on developing the competencies you will need to manage wicked problems. It will teach you how to use a creative mindset that will help you to stand out in your field.
Learn from industry experts with extensive business and corporate strategy experience
Develop creative mindset, abilities and techniques to stand out in your field
Build capacity to evaluate situations and solve difficult problems
View our open programs calendar which will provide you with all the information you need to know on the programs, such as when it’s offered, dates, days, venue, price and wallet points.
You will learn to:
- Identify and understand the dynamics of different classes of problem
- Anticipate barriers to solving wicked problems
- Understand the mindset and abilities needed to operate effectively in this space
- Practice pragmatic tools and techniques to navigate ambiguity with greater confidence
- Become more flexible and resourceful in how you think, respond and lead
Who should attend
- Mid to senior-level managers in all industry sectors
- High-potential managers or those wishing to extend their careers
- Business managers responsible for innovation, change or IT projects
What you'll learn
- Three levels of problem: distinctions and dynamics
- The power of ambiguity
- Introduction to the creative approach to fuzzy problems
- Creative tools and techniques
- Defaults and triggers
- Managing stakeholders
- The way forward