Best practices in negotiation
This program will help you master the art of negotiation – a management skill that is essential to leadership, business and career success.
You’ll learn to focus on the preparation, process and people involved in a negotiation process and to develop creative solutions, achieve business goals and build stronger relationships.
This career-enhancing program is facilitated by a Macquarie Business School faculty member and formerly a senior consultant to blue chip companies in Australia and overseas.
Develop negotiating skills using interactive models and case studies
Identify key leading negotiation strategies and learn when to use each one
Learn the fundamentals of influencing and negotiation from an expert facilitator
View our open programs calendar which will provide you with all the information you need to know on the programs, such as when it’s offered, dates, days, venue, price and wallet points.
You will learn to:
- Identify key leading negotiation strategies and learn when to use each one
- Apply a negotiation framework adaptable to your business, department or organisation
- Remain resourceful when high emotions are involved and avoid common mistakes and pitfalls made by negotiators
Who should attend
This program is designed for anyone who wishing to improve their negotiation skills and is suited to:
- Managers from frontline through to senior leaders
- Sales and business development staff
- HR and IR practitioners
What you'll learn
- Negotiation Framework
- Common Mistakes in Negotiation
- Strategies and Tactics in Negotiation
- Recognising and Influencing 5 Key Negotiation Phases
- Recognising and Adapting Your Negotiation Style
- The Critical Role of Framing
- Managing Conflict and Tension in Negotiation
- Dealing with Strong Emotions
- Communicating Effectively Across Different Channels
- Negotiation Deadlocks
- Building Common Ground
- Agreement and Execution