Macquarie University Alumni Ani Apcarian Scholarship
Eligibility: New full-time undergraduate student majoring in early childhood education.
Value: $2,500 tenable for one year.
Application: Applications for 2018 open 19 August 2017 and close 5 January 2018.
Ani Apcarian was a student in early childhood at Macquarie University, who very sadly lost her life in a plane crash in 2009. Ani graduated posthumously in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts. Ani was a very keen volunteer in the Armenian community, volunteering at the Armenian school. This scholarship honours Ani's commitment to volunteering and her passion for early childhood education, her chosen career which she did not get to pursue because her life was so tragically cut short.
The purpose of the scholarship is to enable the holder to pursue a full-time program of study leading to a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) at Macquarie University.
Eligibility criteria for this scholarship includes:
- academic Merit;
- Australian citizen or permanent resident status;
- commitment to community service and extra-curricular activities;
- leadership qualities or leadership potential;
- commitment to study;
- capacity to triumph over hardship which may include: financial disadvantage, sole parent or carer responsibilities, non- English speaking or Indigenous background, effects of trauma and/or abuse, long-term medical condition or disability or coming from a rural or remote area;
- enrolled in or intending to enrol in the Bachelor of Education (Early childhood Education) at Macquarie University.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 7337