Barton Family Scholarship
Eligibility: Continuing second year student enrolled in the Bachelor of Business Administration, the Bachelor of Commerce or the Bachelor of Science.
Value: $4000 tenable for one year only (x 2 scholarships).
The purpose of this scholarship is to support two students who are undertaking study at Macquarie University. One scholarship will be awarded to a continuing second year student enrolled in the Bachelor of Business Administration or the Bachelor of Commerce and one will be for a continuing second year student enrolled in the Bachelor of Science.
The successful applicant will:
- be a domestic student who will be starting their second year, having completed between 15 and 30 credit points, in the Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration or Bachelor of Science in the year which the scholarship will be awarded;
- demonstrate sufficient academic merit across all units;
- be able to demonstrate financial need. If the student is in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth payment, a current Centrelink summary must be presented to demonstrate financial need;
- be intending to study full time. A full time waiver can be granted in instances where the student can demonstrate a need to study part time (carer responsibilities, long term medical condition, etc);
- have demonstrated commitment to their community and/or social justice via a personal statement, letters or reference and/or an interview. An interview may be required with the donor and agreed Macquarie University representative(s).
The scholarship shall not be awarded in any year in which no candidate is considered to be of sufficient merit.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 7337