Our learning environment
Our park-like campus features some of the best facilities to help you study and learn more effectively.
The Australian Hearing Hub provides additional teaching and learning scope for students in Hearing, Audiology and language sciences.
The state-of-the-art Australian Hearing Hub is part of a world-first hearing research, treatment and development precinct. It links over 2000 professionals involved in the hearing industry across academia, government, rehabilitation and research.
The Australian Hearing Hub brings together researchers and professionals from University teams, including languages and cognitive science, audiology, speech pathology and psychology.
Macquarie has refurbished the former Australian Film, Television and Radio School on our campus.
These custom-designed spaces provide state-of-the art production areas for music, radio, film and digital media, and are supported by passionate, actively involved staff.
- industry-standard digital workstations
- a fully sprung dance floor
- blue screen technology
Students can learn using the same technologies as used by professionals in the industry today.
Our main science teaching laboratories provide a world-class, highly interactive and stimulating learning environment.
They have been fitted with the latest digital technology, allowing:
- students to project microscopic images onto computer screens and projector boards so they can share their discoveries with the entire class
- each student to access a networked computer, digital camera and microscope so they can create their own virtual libraries of images and share these with classmates and teachers
Newly refurbished in 2011, our new chiropractic facilities are state-of-the-art, spacious, and only have a small carbon footprint.
We have created a highly interactive and stimulating teaching environment that utilises the latest technologies with sustainability in mind.
Key features include:
- Purpose built rooms for radiology, orthopaedics, rehabilitation and case management
- Audiovisual equipment for recording and presenting chiropractic and other procedures
Macquarie's new library was designed to complement a collaborative approach to learning and research:
- Australia's first automated book storage and retrieval system
- exhibition space, including the Lachlan Macquarie Room
- learning lounges able to be open extended hours
- quiet study areas and dedicated postgraduate research areas
- training, meeting and consultation rooms
- emphasis on sustainability: working towards a Green Star Rating
Macquarie University Spatial Experience (MUSE)
MUSE -Macquarie University Spatial Experience- is an exciting new learning space.
It will inspire and support you to learn, whether you prefer to study individually or with a group.
The Child and Family Study Centre (Mia Mia) is an internationally renowned childcare centre and research facility.
The Centre is an integral part of the Institute of Early Childhood and provides unique opportunities for observational studies for units offered in child development, curriculum studies and early childhood education.
Australia's most technologically advanced private hospital on a university campus, Macquarie University Hospital is co-located with the Australian School of Advanced Medicine and also houses medical services for students and staff.
Everything you need is in one place in our campus hub. There's a wide variety of eating options in the food court, as well as a bookshop, convenience store, postal service, travel agents, hair salon and a bar.
Macquarie's sport facilities are some of the best university facilities in the country, with a state-of-the-art health club; heated 50m outdoor and 25m indoor swimming pools; football and soccer fields; tennis, basketball and squash courts; a martial arts area; a gymnastics hall; and more.
Find out more about our sport facilities.