Working holiday makers
The ELC is a great option for working holiday makers!
Working Holiday Makers can study at the ELC for up to 4 months to improve their English. Improved English will lead to better job opportunities in Australia as well as when returning home. ELC students are able to take advantage of all of Macquarie University's services and facilities; including a state-of-the-art Sport and Aquatic Centre, private teaching hospital, a new multi-million dollar library, social clubs, cafes, restaurants and much more. Macquarie University also has its own train station on campus as well, making journeys to Sydney city of only 30 minutes.
The ELC is also able to organise internships upon request!
Study English with us to get the job you want!
- With a higher level of English there will be more job opportunities available to you
- With a higher level of English you will also be able to do more enjoyable forms of work
- While you are studying we will help you become familiar with Australia and how things work
- You have the chance to make new friends from all over the world
Working Holiday Program
The working holiday program is available to passport holders from Belgium, Republic of Cyprus, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, and Taiwan.
It is also available to passport holders and individuals with university qualifications from Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Thailand, Turkey, and Uruguay. For more information go to http://www.border.gov.au
We are a quality English language provider
- Our experienced and knowledgeable teachers develop our curriculum
- There are different resources available inside and outside the classroom to stimulate and engage students
- We teach communication in online environments as well as traditional ways of communicating
- We prepare you for the English vocabulary you will need in your chosen field
- We help you with your proficiency and accuracy and language in context; this gives you confidence when you know that you are communicating what you intend
- We teach English using a variety of strategies - for example, through our Music Club (singing in English)
- ELC is an award-winning centre - our teachers and programs have received external and industry recognition
Writing on the walls!
Graffiti is normally not encouraged but at the ELC, we want our students to write on the walls! Our classroom walls are painted with whiteboard paint allowing students and teachers to write on the walls and express their ideas in class in a different way. This dynamic environment enhances the learning experience and the students have a lot of fun at the ELC.
Begin your holiday and meet Australians with similar interests to you!
- Students that join student social clubs will enhance their cultural immersion and there are a large variety of interest-based clubs at the University
- Internships and volunteering experiences can be arranged by request.
ELC courses start every 5 weeks. As we are a large language school we are able to offer classes at varying levels of proficiency. We have a class that fits you!
|English Language Program fees (2016 rate)||$440 AUD per week of study plus one-off payment of $55 student activity fee|
|Option 1: Private Apartments||Share an apartment with other students (tend to be students completing postgraduate courses)||Postgraduate and Research students|
|Option 2: Room and board (food) (Robert Menzies College on campus)||On-campus residential complex||Undergraduate and Postgraduate students|
|Option 3: Dunmore Lang College Apartments||On-campus residential complex||Postgraduate and Research students|
|Option 4: Macquarie University Village||On-campus residential complex||Undergraduate students mainly, but some postgraduate students|
|Option 5: Homestay||Live with an Australian family||Other family members, may include children|
Contact Us for more information.
CRICOS Provider 02942D