Study at Macquarie, Experience Australia
Macquarie University offers Study Tour programs which cater to a wide range of group types, interests and sizes providing opportunities for students to “try” before deciding on studying abroad*
We have organised Study Tours for over 20 years. Our programs are very flexible so let us create a customised program for your high school, university or corporate group.
The Macquarie experience
All Study Tours participants:
- Have access to all Macquarie University's facilities, for example, the library, sports and aquatic centre, food court, cafes and medical facilities
- Can take part in all events and activities on campus, for example, student associations and clubs, special events, etc.
- Are presented with a certificate at the end of the program
The cultural experience
We offer a total package which includes exciting activities and excursions to complement the learning experience, for example, guided city sightseeing tours, native Australian wildlife parks, visits to Sydney's famous attractions, learning to play cricket or how to surf.
We can also arrange the following on request:
- Professional internships ranging from 8-24 weeks
- Company Visits
- Visits to local primary and high schools
- Guest lectures from Macquarie University or local businesses to speak on a variety of topics
- Lecture observations
- Volunteering opportunities
- "Buddy Program" where students can interact with current Macquarie University students
Accommodation can also be arranged for participants:
Homestay is a popular choice for Study Tour groups. Participants stay with an Australian family, immersing themselves into Australian culture, with lots of opportunities to practice their English.
On campus residential colleges offering single rooms with shared or private bathrooms, all meals, linen, towels and internet access. Opportunities to interact with students from different nationalities.
Other accommodation options, for example, serviced apartments are also available, subject to availability.
Costs are based on the size of the group; program content; and start date.
Take advantage of our special off peak rates for English tuition (February, June, July and October).
*Approximately 35 per cent of students went abroad before studying overseas (Austrade 2015 report).
Contact us now to create your Study Tour program and get your quote.