Independent Learning Centre (ILC)
All students studying at Macquarie University English Language Centre have access to their own well equipped interactive English language library, one of the best of its kind in Australia. The Independent Learning Centre (ILC) provides students with a wide range of language learning materials including books, computer software programs, CD's, DVD's, a large range of web-based language sites, and FREE skills-based workshops.
What can you do in the ILC?
- Access a wide range of resources to practise and improve your English
- Prepare and write assignments for your class
- Prepare and practice group presentations
- Access a wide range of language software
- Prepare for the IELTS test
- Study specialist English (such as Academic English, English for Business)
- Read fiction and non-fiction from the Student Reader collection
- Attend workshops on a variety of language skills - FREE of charge!
- Access the internet for research
- Access the Macquarie University Library databases
- Listen to audio to improve your listening and pronunciation skills
- Get involved in the numerous multicultural events held throughout the year
- Join a conversation group
- Watch movies
ILC Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
9:30am - 4:30pm
Where is the ILC?
Macquarie University English Language Centre
Building E3B, 4th Floor, Room 416
Conversation groups provide an opportunity for English Language program students to:
- Improve English fluency and pronunciation
- Expand vocabulary
- Share perspectives and experiences with other students
- Learn more about Australian culture
Conversation groups are a great way to practise spoken English and increase confidence in conversational English in a supportive, informal setting. The one hour sessions are held several times each week and are facilitated by qualified volunteer group leaders.Times of sessions are posted on the ILC notice board.
CRICOS Provider 02942D