Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - Big History
The Big History Scholarship is a full international scholarship available to international students who apply for an undergraduate course at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. The scholarship is open to international students who complete* the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC available through the COURSERA® platform.
For International students, Big History Course offers insights as well as opportunities. Adidev, an international student from India, came to Macquarie via a scholarship, after completing the Big History MOOC. Adidev presented at the LTX event on how MOOCs have influenced his life.
A full tuition fee scholarship for any undergraduate program of up to 4 years in duration is awarded annually to 1 meritorious student. Applicants will be assessed based on their academic performance and compulsory Statement of Purpose.
Application for 2017 is now closed.
Please check our website regularly for information regarding the 2018 application.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Have citizenship of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have met the University's academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship, and hold a full offer of admission for study at the North Ryde campus by the application deadline.
- Apply for study in Session 1, (February) or Session 2, (July).
- Have a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one session in duration.
- Have applied for a course that has a full-time study load.
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
How to apply
Once applicants have received their full course offer, they must then complete an online scholarship application form and type “BIG” in the Scholarship Name field.
- You will need your Macquarie University Student Number to complete the online scholarship application form.
- You must submit a scholarship application to be considered for the scholarship.
- You must submit a Statement of Purpose to be assessed for the scholarship. Upon successful receipt of your scholarship application, an email will be sent to you detailing the specifics on how to submit your Statement of Purpose.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
* You will need to supply a course certificate verifying your completion of the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC on COURSERA®.
No logo uploaded
The Big History Scholarship is a full international scholarship available to international students who apply for an undergraduate course at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. The scholarship is open to international students who complete the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC available through the COURSERA® platform.
Area of study
Business; Education; Engineering and IT; Environment; Health and medical sciences; Law, security and intelligence; Media, creative arts, and communication; Science; Society, history and languages
Has a GPA requirement; International students only; Full offers only
International, Undergraduate, Big History Scholarship, Bachelor, Free, Full
100% of tuition fees for up to 4 years
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
Level of study