Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
The VCIS- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) International Scholarship contributes partial tuition fees for international students from the APEC region to study at Macquarie's North Ryde campus. This highly competitive scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate study recognises academic excellence with scholarships awarded on academic merit.
Up to AU$10,000 will be awarded progressively throughout the year and applied towards your tuition fees. This is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Countries of the APEC region include Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United States and Vietnam.
Priority areas: Policy, Engineering and Business.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a country located within the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) region as indicated above.
- Have met the University's academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship, and hold a full offer of admission for study at the North Ryde campus by the application deadline.
- Apply for study in Session 1, (February) or Session 2, (July).
- Have a minimum GPA of 5.0 out of 7.0 for postgraduate applications and a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one session in duration.
- Have applied for a course that has a full-time study load.
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College or Macquarie City Campus.
How to Apply
Once applicants have received their full course offer, they must then complete an online scholarship application form and type “APEC” in the Scholarship Name field.
- You will need your Macquarie University Student Number to complete the online scholarship application form.
- You must submit a scholarship application to be considered for the scholarship.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The VCIS- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) International Scholarship contributes partial tuition fees for international students from the APEC region to study at Macquarie's North Ryde campus. This highly competitive scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate study recognizes academic excellence with scholarships awarded on academic merit.
Area of study
Business; Engineering and IT; Law, security and intelligence; Society, history and languages
Has a GPA requirement; International students only; Only eligible to specific countries; Full offers only
International, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Bachelor, Master, APEC, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United States, Vietnam,Policy, Engineering, Business
Up to AU$10,000
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
Level of study