Global leadership entry program
What it is
Macquarie’s students are global citizens, deeply engaged with the world and the big issues shaping the future of society. Sound like you? Our Global Leadership Entry Program (GLEP) will support and inspire you as a global leader of tomorrow.
If you’re selected for GLEP, we’ll make you an early offer for Session 1, 2017. You’ll also participate in exclusive activities while you’re still at school.
Who you are
- You’re completing the HSC in New South Wales, the SSC in the Australian Capital Territory or the IB in either state.
- You have aspirations for service, engagement and leadership.
- You’re a leader in your community and are actively involved in extracurricular activities.
- You’re achieving good results at school.
Why should I apply?
The Global Leadership Entry Program recognises students who are active in their local and wider community, and have good results at school. Apply now for the Global Leadership Entry Program. The benefits of the program include:
- early offer to selected degree courses that is not based on your ATAR
- access to our facilities, including our world-class library, featuring study spaces and borrowing privileges, and to our student hangout space MUSE (Macquarie University Spatial Experience)
- access to campus wi-fi – just bring your laptop and connect away
- student membership prices at the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre
- early access to the Global Leadership Program seminars and events, and recognition for the activities you complete during 2016
- exclusive workshops designed specifically for Global Leadership Entry Program students
- early enrolment, support and networks to help with your transition to university
- successful applicants for the Global Leadership Entry Program are eligible for the Global Leadership Entry Program (GLEP) Scholarship.
Applications close 5pm Monday 29 August 2016.
What you can study
GLEP is available in the following courses:
|GLEP Session 1 2017|
|Courses, Session 1 2017 commencement only||UAC Code|
|Bachelor of Archaeology||300143|
|Bachelor of Business Leadership and Commerce^||300206|
|Bachelor of Digital Business||300496|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)||300710|
|Bachelor of Global Business||300207|
|Bachelor of Information Technology||300503|
|Bachelor of International Studies||300131|
|Bachelor of Laws||300302|
|All double degrees with Bachelor of Laws*||N/A|
|Bachelor of Marketing and Media||300138|
|Bachelor of Media||300139|
|Bachelor of Medical Sciences||300518|
|Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)||300126|
|Bachelor of Social Science||300120|
^Interview is required
*See below for a full list of double degrees with Bachelor of Laws.
Bachelor of Laws double degree options
The following Bachelor of Laws double degree options are available as part of the Global Leadership Entry Program.
#Not available to international students
About the Global Leadership Program
The Global Leadership Program is an extracurricular program undertaken alongside your degree. It provides you with opportunities to learn about your rights and responsibilities as a global citizen and equips you for a career and life of purpose and impact.
Through a series of workshops called ‘Colloquia’ delivered by leading experts, you’ll learn about global issues and social challenges that face our world.
You’ll further develop your capacity for leadership and global citizenship through self-directed opportunities to volunteer, intern and participate in seminars and conferences in both Australia and overseas.
There’s no academic component (ie. no exams or assessments) or fee to participate in the program; however, there may be costs for special optional activities during your time at Macquarie University.
Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll receive a certificate of completion and a notation on your academic transcript, which can provide a competitive edge in the global employment market.
Global Leadership Foreign Affairs Series
The Foreign Affairs Series is just one of the many exciting options available through the program. Hear what Anupam Parashar, studying a Bachelor of Environment with Bachelor of Laws, has to say about the importance of developing an understanding of global issues and how this knowledge can contribute to a career in the globalised world.
Have a question?
Do you have a question about the Global leadership entry program? Fill out the form below to get in touch and to hear more about Macquarie University.