The Walanga Muru Alternative Entry Scheme (the scheme) is run by Macquarie University’s Office of Indigenous Strategy. The scheme provides opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to study undergraduate courses at Macquarie.
The scheme provides potential students with an opportunity to:
- meet peers
- experience the Macquarie campus
- learn about the various services offered by the scheme.
Can I apply?
The scheme is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. You can apply if you:
- haven’t completed your HSC or equivalent
- received an ATAR score lower than is required for admission to your chosen course
- would like the opportunity to meet other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who may be studying at Macquarie University next year.
How to apply
Complete the application form and prepare the following support documents:
Indigenous Student Support Officer
Apply via Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)
You will be required to attend an assessment day where you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate that you have the minimum skills and knowledge to successfully participate in your chosen course.
Offers will be made according to merit, based on demonstrated capacity to undertake university study.
Ask a question
Contact Jesse Ingrey on (02) 9850 4498 or email