Early enrolment and welcome day
Pioneering minds welcome
Monday 14 December 2015
10am – 4pm
Congratulations on being among the first to receive an offer to join us at Macquarie University in 2016. You’ve proven yourself to be ahead of the pack, eager to learn from more than just books and lectures.
We’ve planned a special day for you to help you navigate the enrolment process and celebrate your new adventure as part of the Macquarie community. You’ll be able to get everything settled early so you can relax over your holidays and start fresh next year.
Accept your offer to secure your place and register for early enrolment and welcome day.
Here’s what you can look forward to on Monday 14 December:
- meet Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students and Registrar) Deidre Anderson, who will welcome you to the University
- receive step-by-step guidance on how to enrol and what to do next
- get to know your faculty
- pick the brains of current Macquarie students as they share their insights into uni life
- join a campus tour to get to know your new home away from home
- participate in fun activities like giant chess and Connect4, table tennis, and badminton
- meet your fellow students and enjoy a free barbecue.
Why not apply for a student membership to the Sport and Aquatic Centre and get a head start on your New Year’s resolution? We’ll even have 250 free seven-day passes to give away on the day.
Need a place to stay?
If you need accommodation while you’re here for early enrolment and welcome day, we’ve got you covered. Robert Menzies College is offering one free night – either Sunday 13 December or Monday 14 December – for a limited number of people. You can get a taste of what living on campus is like, including breakfast and dinner in the dining hall.
Make sure you register early if you need one of those beds because spaces are limited.
Can’t make it to campus? Not to worry. We’re also hosting a webinar that evening to answer your questions and get you through the enrolment process. Just pick the option that’s right for you when you get to that point in registration.
If you can’t make it to campus or the webinar on the 14th, you’re always welcome to come on campus at another time for help. Drop by and see us in MUSE, Building C7A, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm.
Congratulations again. We can’t wait to welcome you to our community of pioneering minds.
What do I need to do?
Starting uni can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are the steps you’ll take to get started at Macquarie. Try to get as much done as possible before the day, but we’ll be on hand to help you with anything you need to get it all squared away.
- Accept your offer and secure your place. Follow the steps to:
- plan your degree
- choose your major (if applicable)
- download a first year program plan.
- Complete your Commonwealth Assistance Form (or pay your fees) in eStudent.
- Complete your Student Services and Amenities Fees Form (if applicable).
- Note: You’ll need a tax file number (TFN) to be able to defer your fees. It can take up to a month to receive one, so apply online now if you don’t already have one.
On 14 December
- Come to campus for early enrolment and welcome day or log in to the webinar (link TBC).
- Enrol in units for your first year of study (on campus or online).
- Register for classes – lectures, tutorials and practicals (if applicable).
- Pick up your campus card if you’re able to come in person.
- Book in for Orientation activities to be held 22–26 February (available from January 2016).
- Pick up your campus card if you haven’t already done so.
- Check your unit guide and pick up your textbooks.
Classes start on 29 February 2016. Check out other important academic dates.