International Student Barometer 2017
Make your voice heard and win!
Have your say through the world's largest student survey, and make your voice heard by the university!
Help steer Macquarie’s future international student experience, and win one of six prizes with the total value over $5,000.00.
Tell us how we’re doing
The survey provides the University with an understanding of the international student experience and allows us to compare your expectations, satisfaction, perceptions and motivations with international students from other institutions both in Australia and internationally. Macquarie last participated in the ISB in 2015, and collected feedback from close to 3,000 international students (approx. 40% of the whole international student population).
What’s improved since we last heard from you?
While many areas such as the cost of living, transport and supporting infrastructure are outside of our immediate control, we are always looking at ways we can better engage with our government, industry and community partners to help address these issues. Since the last survey, we have made improvement in a number of areas including:
- We process your applications faster: International student applications are attended within 48 hours from contacting the university
- We grant more scholarships: More than 1,000 international coursework students were granted a Macquarie university scholarship in 2016
- We speak more of your languages: More than 12 languages are spoken by staff members in international student facing roles
- We are planning on much more: new student engagement plan is well under its way, and you will see new projects and initiatives aimed at further improving your experience here at Macquarie.
A chance to win some awesome prizes!
- First prize: choose between a $1,000.00 travel voucher or a 13-inch MacBook Air (128 GB)
- Second prize: choose between an iPad Mini 4 (32GB) or a GoPro Hero5 Black 4K
- Third prize: choose between a Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb or a $300.00 Macquarie Shopping Centre gift voucher
- Visit us at the pop-up tent in the central courtyard for a free lunch or coffee each day!
Total prize value exceeds $5,000.00. See Terms and Conditions for the prize draw.
What're you waiting for?
Survey opening period: Wed, 26th Apr 2017 to Wed, 24th May 2017.
Find the email titled ‘ISB — Make your voice heard and win!’ in your Macquarie student email sent on 26th April for your personalised survey link.