- Professor Damian Gore – Group Co-Director. Materials characterisation, contaminated site assessment and remediation.
- Professor Simon George – Group Co-Director. Organic chemistry, petroleum hydrocarbon formation and spill remediation.
- Associate Professor Grant Hose – Group Co-Director. Groundwater ecosystems, ecotoxicology.
- Dr. Aharon Arakel – Adjunct Professor & Group Affiliate. Inorganic chemistry.
- Dr Peter Davies – Urban water chemistry and Planning.
- Associate Professor Kirstie Fryirs – Fluvial Geomorphology.
- Dr Chris McRae – Analytical Chemistry.
- Associate Professor Craig O’Neill – Geophysics, Geology.
- Dr Tim Ralph – wetland quality, mining impacts.
- Professor Neil Saintilan – wetlands, mangroves, blue carbon.
- Dr Bruce Schaefer – Isotope Geochemistry.
- Professor Mark Taylor – Environmental Law, Contaminants.
Each Director has a significant publication record, history of success in obtaining competitive grants and history of collaboration with other node directors and other commercial and governmental organisations and researchers external to the PWRG.
Many associate members have extensive experience in developing and delivering training courses for professional and external organisations.