Research Staff - Climate Futures
Resilient Partnerships: Communicating for Successful Community Collaborations Workshop
The workshop aims to not only identify the challenges in building community resilience and communicating approaches, but also to share and enhance effective approaches that can be implemented in communities across Australia. Each speaker will be invited to discuss their experiences and to give their perspective on what is required for successful community collaboration.
- Chris Collett -Assistant Secretary, Emergency Management Policy Branch Australian Government Attorney-General's Department
- Wendy Graham - Director, Resilience and Planning Ministry for Police and Emergency Services
- Murray Kear AFSM - Commissioner State Emergency Service (SES), New South Wales
- Mary Farrow - Chairman, Committee of Management Emerald Community House
- Jelenko Dragisic - Chief Executive Officer Volunteering Queensland
- Lew Short - Group Manager Community Resilience Rural Fire Service (RFS), New South Wales
- Jeremy Mansfield - Head of Development & Volunteer Green Cross
- Gina Scandrett and Erin Jackson Student Volunteer Army, Christchurch
- Tom Davies - Founding Director, Edge Environment
This will be an interactive forum and we will provide open Q&A panel discussions with our speakers at the end of each session. Session four will be dedicated to open discussion on practical needs and issues arising to ensure that the day will deliver significant outcomes for both delegates and Climate Futures.
The workshop will be an important stepping-stone in developing a research agenda for Climate Futures and in forming strategic partnerships with other organisations concerned with enhancing community resilience. The outcomes of this workshop will be communicated to all participants.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
For further information contact
Leigh Staas, Executive Officer of Climate Futures
Phone: 02 98506297