Rajan Sharma has previously worked in the Nepalese health system as a coordinator for the Community Based New Born Care Program (CBNCP) aimed at preventing morbidity and mortality among neonates at the community level. He obtained his Master’s degree in public health from the University of Southern Denmark in 2014 where he chose to specialize in health economics.
Following that, he worked as data manager at the Spine Center of Southern Denmark for almost two years. As a PhD candidate, his research areas include economic evaluation of observational data.
Publications and reports
- Sharma R , Sopina E., Sørensen J (2016). Using Propensity Score Matching Technique to Estimate Utilization and Costs of General Practitioners’ Services associated with Alzheimer’s Disease. Journal of Health economics & Outcomes Research. 4 (1): 67-79.
- Gyawali B, Sharma R, Neupane D. Mishra SR, Teijlingen EV, Kallestrup P (2015). Prevalence of type 2 diabetes in Nepalese populations: a systematic review from 1990-2014. Global Health Action. Volume 8.
- Neupane D. Mclachlan C. Sharma R. Gyawali B. Khanal V. Mishra SR (2014). Christensen B. Kallestrup P. Prevalence of Hypertension in Member Countries of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC): Systematic review and Meta-analysis. Journal of Medicine. 93 (13).
- Shrestha A, Narayan KC, Sharma R (2012) Prevalence of intestinal parasitosis among school children in Baglung districts of Western Nepal. Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 10 (1): 62-65.
- Bhandari R, Sharma R. Epidemiology of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2012): A descriptive study in the mid-western region of Nepal. Int Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases 2012; 7:253–257.