HOO-2012 Shared Task on Preposition and Determiner Error Correction
The HOO (Helping Our Own) Exercise (see [Dale and Kilgarriff 2010]) is concerned with correcting textual errors. The HOO Pilot Shared Task (see [Dale and Kilgarriff 2011]) looked at a diverse range of error types in a small set of documents. HOO 2012, which will be hosted by the Building Educational Applications Workshop at NAACL 2012, focusses on the correction of preposition and determiner errors in a large collection of non-native speaker texts.
Find out more by exploring this site. To register for the HOO 2012 Shared Task, send the following information to email@example.com:
- Full name of institution or other team description
- Name of contact person
- Email address of contact person
- The Call for Registration for HOO 2012
- The Building Educational Applications Workshop at NAACL 2012
- A Description of the HOO 2012 Data
- The HOO 2012 Submissions Procedure
Of Historical Interest
- The Preliminary Call for Participation in HOO 2012
- R. Dale and A. Kilgarriff  Helping Our Own: Text massaging for computational linguistics as a new shared task. In Proceedings of the 6th International Natural Language Generation Conference, pages 261–265, Dublin, Ireland, 7th–9th July 2010.
- R. Dale and A. Kilgarriff  Helping Our Own: The HOO 2011 Pilot Shared Task. In Proceedings of the 13th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation, Nancy, France, 28th–30th September 2011.