PAT Foundation curriculum
The Foundation curriculum has three areas of emphasis:
This three-day training lays the foundation for the Parents as Teachers approach to home visitation within an early childhood system. Coursework centres around three main areas of emphasis.
- Parent-Child Interaction - enhancing child development and supporting the development of positive parenting behaviours.
- Development-Centred Parenting - understanding parents' perspectives and facilitating parenting decisions around developmental topics.
- Family Well-Being - recognising the impact of the family system on child development and partnering with parents to strengthen protective factors.
Training in the Foundation curriculum focuses around a set of five core competencies:
- Family support and parenting education
- Child and Family development
- Human diversity within family systems
- Health safety and nutrition
- Relationships between families and communities
The Foundation training is participative, experiential and practical
There is a focus on partnering with families through regular and sustained support over time.
Relationships are emphasised between parent and child and between parent educator and parent.
The Foundation online curriculum contains the latest research and is constantly updated with new data to meet current needs of families and parent educators.
Date: 21 - 23 June 2016
Time: Tuesday 9.30am - 5pm, Wednesday & Thursday 9am - 5pm
Venue: Macquarie University
Room: X5B, Room 045 Campus Map ref N, 10: www.mq.edu.au/on_campus/maps/campus_map/
Registration fee: $1,880 (Early Bird Registration $1,760 by 26 May 2016)