Study at AIHI
AIHI offers a unique program of multidisciplinary research training encompassing information, communication, cognitive and organisational science to support health service and biomedical innovation. You can choose from undergraduate projects or postgraduate programs and scholarships are available.
- Undergraduate projects
- Masters programs
- PhD programs
Current scholarship opportunities
There are scholarships available for particular courses.
- MRes2/PhD Scholarship - Health informatics, quality and safety
- MRes2/PhD Scholarship - Genomics implementation 1
- MRes2/PhD Scholarship - Genomics implementation 2
- PhD Scholarship - Digital health for patients and healthcare consumers
- PhD Scholarship - Safety in the Emergency Department
- PhD Scholarship - Delirium in Acute Care
- PhD Scholarship - Medication safety in paediatrics
Study projects are available under the PACE program.
For more information
If you have any further questions, please contact the Faculty PACE Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our postgraduate programs allow candidates to undertake advanced research leading to a Master's or PhD degree under the supervision of experienced senior research staff in one of AIHI’s research areas.
How to apply
If you are interested in pursuing a postgraduate research degree with the Australian Institute of Health Innovation, please follow the following steps:
Step 1: Ensure you meet the entry requirements
Step 2: Find a supervisor
A list of all AIHI staff is available here
Step 3: Prepare research proposal
Step 4: Scholarships
Step 5: Submit application
For more information
If you have any further questions, please contact the HDR and Administrative Officer by email email@example.com or by phone +612 9850 2239.
AIHI specialist areas of research
Choose from our specialist areas of research within each of the Centres.
- Appropriateness of care
- Complexity science
- Health outcomes
- Human factors and resilience
- Implementation science
- International health reform
- Sustainable health systems
Cross cutting global themes: Patient safety; Improvement studies; Multi-disciplinary teamwork; Behaviour change.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in healthcare
- Patient safety informatics
- Health analytics
- Consumer informatics
- Computable evidence lab (decision support)
- Evidence surveillance
- Diagnostic informatics
- Electronic decision support and human factors in healthcare
- Medication safety and eHealth
- Work innovation, communication and eHealth
- Safety and integration of aged and community care
- Primary care safety and digital health