Objectives | AIHI - Australian Institute of Health Innovation
The principal objective of the AIHI is to conduct multidisciplinary research into health sector practices, organisation and management, that directly enhances the delivery of high quality, safe, efficient and affordable health care. The emphasis is on translational research, and turning policy into practice.
The vision of AIHI is to lead in health system innovation through world class research, generating, disseminating and translating research knowledge that can improve health systems.
Our mission is to enhance local, institutional and international health system decision making through evidence; and use systems sciences and translational approaches to provide innovative, evidence based solutions to specified health care delivery problems.
The Institute aims to conduct multidisciplinary research into health sector practices, organisation and management to enhance the delivery of high quality, safe, efficient and affordable health care. Our emphasis on translational research, and turning policy into practice, will see the Institute focus in particular on:
- Understanding clinician behaviour as a basis for practice improvement
- Decision support systems and evidence based health care
- Translational bioinformatics
- Communication support systems
- Designing models of care which provide improved patient safety and quality
- Enhancing teamwork and inter-professional practice within services, and integration across services
- Engendering change through new models of care and strategies for delivery
- Designing intelligent services using information and communication technologies.