- Harvey, P.J., Rouillon, M., Dong, C., Ettler, V., Handley, H.K., Taylor, M.P., Tyson, E., Tennant, P., Telfer, V., Trinh, R. 2017 (in press). Geochemical sources, forms and phases of soil contamination in an industrial city. Science of the Total Environment. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.01.053.
- Ericson, B., Landrigan, P., Taylor, M.P., Frostad, J., Caravanos, J., Keith, J., Fuller, R. in press (accepted 31 October 2016). The Global Burden of Lead Toxicity Attributable to Informal Used Lead-Acid Battery (ULAB) Sites. Annals of Global Health. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aogh.2016.10.009,
- Harvey, P.J., Handley, H., Taylor M.P. 2016. Widespread copper and lead contamination of household drinking water, New South Wales, Australia. Environmental Research, 151, 275–285.
- Harvey, P.J., Taylor, M.P., Grant-Vest, S., Kristensen, L.J., Rouillon, M., Wu, L., Handley, H.K. 2016. Evaluation and Assessment of the efficacy of an abatement strategy in a former lead smelter community, Boolaroo, Australia. Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 38(4), 941-954.
- Isley, C.F., Nelson, P.F., Taylor, M.P. 2016. Managing air quality in Suva, Fiji. European Journal of Sustainable Development, 5(4), 242-254.
- Isley, C.F., Nelson, P.F., Taylor, M.P. et al. 2016 (in press). PM2.5 and aerosol black carbon in Suva, Fiji. Atmospheric Environment.
- Kristensen, L.J., Taylor, M.P., Evans, A.J. 2016. Reply to Gulson’s comments on: Tracing changes in atmospheric sources of lead contamination using lead isotopic compositions in Australian red wine. Chemosphere, http://dx.doi.org/10. 1016/ j. chemosphere. 2016. 08. 033.
- Kristensen, L.J., Taylor, M.P., Evans, A.J. 2016. Tracing changes in atmospheric sources of lead contamination using lead isotopic compositions in red wine. Chemosphere, 154, 40-47.
- Kristensen, L.J., Taylor, M.P. 2016. Unravelling a ‘miner’s myth’ that environmental contamination in mining towns is naturally occurring. Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 38(4), 1015-1027.
- Rouillon, M., Harvey, P.J., Kristensen, L.J., George, S.G., Taylor, M.P. 2016 (accepted 6 Nov 2016). VegeSafe: a community science program measuring soil-metal contamination, evaluating risk and providing advice for safe gardening. Environmental Pollution. http://dx.doi.org/10. 1016/ j. envpol. 2016. 11. 024.
- Rouillon, M., Taylor, M.P. 2016. Can field portable X-ray fluorescence (pXRF) produce high quality data for application in environmental contamination research? Environmental Pollution, 214, 255-264.
- Taylor, M.P., Forbes, M., Opeskin, B., Parr, N., Lanphear, B.P. 2016. The relationship between atmospheric lead emissions and aggressive crime: an ecological study. Environmental Health, 15:23, DOI: 10.1186/s12940-016-0122-3.
- Wu, L., Taylor, M.P., Handley, H., Gulson, B.L. 2016. Insights into past atmospheric lead emissions using lead concentrations and isotope compositions in historic lichens and fungi (1852-2008) from central and southern Victoria, Australia. Atmospheric Environment, 139, 46-55.
- Wu, L., Taylor, M.P., Handley, H., Wu, M. 2016. Reconstruction of Australian historic atmospheric depositions using lead isotopic compositions of archival lichen and fungi. Environmental Pollution, 208, 678-687.
- Youn, J.S.; Csavina, J; Rine, K., Shingler, T., Taylor, M.P. Sáez, A.E; Betterton, E., Sorooshian, A. 2016. Hygroscopic Properties and Respiratory System Deposition Behavior of Particulate Matter Emitted By Mining and Smelting Operations. Environmental Science & Technology. DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.6b03621
Book chapters/major reports
- Sullivan, M. and Taylor, M.P. 2016. Tracking Down and Using Grey Literature. In: Lee, K. and Hawkins, B. (eds) Researching Corporations and Global Health Governance — An Interdisciplinary Guide. Rowman & Littlefield, London, pp. 241–251.
- Taylor, M.P. and George, S.G. 2016. Examples of Failures to Regulate Mining and Smelting Emissions and Their Consequent Effects on Human Health Outcomes. In: Kenworthy, N., MacKenzie, R., Lee, K. (eds), Case Studies on Corporations and Global Health Governance, Rowman & Littlefield, London, pp. 53–70.
- Taylor, M.P. and Cosenza, I. 2016. Stage Two of Review of the New South Wales Environment Protection Authority’s (NSW EPA) Management of Contaminated Sites—the NSW EPA’s past and future management of PFOS/PFOA, pp. 90. Available at: http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/MediaInformation/taylor-report-williamtown.htm (accessed 6 June 2016).
- Taylor, M.P. and Cosenza, I. 2015. Stage One of Review of the NSW Environment Protection Authority’s (EPA) Management of Contaminated Sites. Report for the NSW Minister for the Environment, pp. 28. Available at: http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/MediaInformation/taylor-report-williamtown.htm (accessed 6 June 2016).
Other research-related output
Conference papers, invited newspapers opinion pieces, magazines, electronic media, etc.
- Taylor, M.P. and Kristensen L.K. 2016. The Miner’s Myth. Australasian Science. November, p. 39.
- Taylor, M.P. and Cosenza, I. 2016. A Toxic Legacy from Firefighting Foams. Australasian Science.
July/August, p. 39.
Research grants/financial support obtained
Received Grant Funds
- Taylor, M.P. 2016. Supplementary PhD research support for Chenyin Dong. NSW Environment Protection Authority.
- Taylor, M.P. 2015. Donation to Macquarie University for the VegeSafe program (2 years support) – private donor.
Peer esteem works (paid commissioned expert advice, consultancy works and pro bono reports)
- Taylor, M.P. 2016. Expert advice on water and Ranger Mine closure – for Gundjeihmi Aboriginal Corporation (12 month contract).
- Taylor, M.P. 2015. Review of NSW EPA’s management of contaminated sites (appointed by NSW Minister for the Environment).
- Taylor, M.P. 2016. Lead contamination and potential exposure risks—Youthtown, Auckland, New Zealand – for Youthtown, Auckland, New Zealand, pp. 40.
- Taylor, M.P. 2016. Expert Witness Report. Body v Mount Isa Mines Ltd & Ors (Supreme Court of Queensland Proceeding No 1247/11) – for Slater and Gordon Lawyers, pp. 28.
- George, S.G. and Taylor, M.P. 2016. Off-site impacts from Maules Creek Mine operations (NSW) – for Murphy and Leitch families, Maules Creek, pp. 18.
Invited keynote speaker Goldschmidt 2016 (Japan):
- Unravelling a ‘miner’s Myth’ that Environmental Contamination in Mining and Smelting Towns is Naturally Occurring.
American Geophysical Union 2016 – session convenor:
- B53K: Applying Lessons Learned from Established Contaminants to Elucidate the Fate, Impact, and Risk Associated with Technology: Critical Elements and Other Substances of Emerging Concern II.
Invited technical advisor to Pure Earth – UNEP/GEF funded project in Indonesia related to lead paint and used lead acid battery recycling.