Submitting an application
Applications must be supported with appropriate documents which should be lodged with the completed form. Two complete sets of both application and supporting documents should be provided. Applications will not be considered until the following required documents are received:
- A full original transcript showing details of all previous tertiary studies or a photocopy signed by an authorised person to confirm that it is a true copy, must accompany applications. Transferring HDR students must supply from any previous University a certified statement of used HECS exemption. Transcripts are not required for previous study at Macquarie. If documents are not in English, a copy of the original document in the original language and a certified translation in English must be supplied.
- If you have a thesis component as part of your master's program or your Bachelor's honours program, please also include a copy of the abstract of the thesis with your application.
- Evidence of your Australian or New Zealand citizenship is required or if you are not an Australian citizen you must provide evidence that you have permanent resident status in Australia. Permanent residents may include a certified copy of the relevant pages of the appropriate passport entry. International applicants must provide certified copies of their passport to show details of names, date of birth,nationality and country of birth. International students may provide certified copies of their birth certicate and/or their identification card if they do not have a passport.
- Proof of English Proficiency is required for applicants whose qualifications were taken in a country where English is not the main spoken language.
- A research proposal needs to be included with the research application.
- Abstracts of master's thesis, honours thesis, or publications need to be included with the application.
- If you are Transferring a Master by Research or Doctoral degree commenced and not completed at an Australian institution, you must supply documentary evidence from the university which indicates your exact period of candidature. A statement from the University is required showing date commenced, periods of full-time or part-time research candidature; any leave of absence and how much official EFTSL you have used.
- Academic referee reports should be submitted by all applicants who have applied for both domestic and international scholarships at Macquarie University. At least two Academic Referee reports need to be submitted and sent to the Scholarship Officer directly. They are valid for six months and can be used to apply for more than one scholarship.