Open Universities Australia
10 reasons to study Open Universities Australia at Macquarie University
- Convenience - the ability to study online, from anywhere in the world, in your own time, at your own pace
- Flexibility - OUA offers four undergraduate study periods and three postgraduate sessions across the year, giving students the ability to choose their study when it suits them best
- Varied unit options - 175 undergraduate and 48 postgraduate unit offerings this year, across Arts, Human Sciences and Science Faculties
- Support - OUA students have access to both centralised Macquarie University and Open Universities support services
- Online collaboration - study with a diverse student population across Australia and internationally, and stay connected via online channels
- Quality programs taught by experienced staff - Macquarie units offered online meet the same standards as internal units; and all staff are experienced in teaching OUA units through online delivery
- All applications considered - a highly accessible option for study; you do not need any previous qualifications or professional experience to enrol in OUA undergraduate units
- A pathway to a Commonwealth Supported Place - if you successfully pass any four units through OUA and are an Australian Citizen, you will be automatically offered a Commonwealth Supported Place in the Macquarie Bachelor of Arts (OUA) Program
- Career change - find a new professional direction while working in your current role
- The ability to study via other Australian universities - cross-institutional students may undertake Macquarie OUA units to gain credit in their current programs, and Macquarie Bachelor of Arts (OUA) students may complete their elective unit choice at any of the other OUA provider universities
The OUA Macquarie Advantage
OUA students enrolled in Macquarie units or courses are supported by specialised staff from the Centre for Open Education (COE), who provide advice and guidance via phone, email or online.
Macquarie University is the major provider in NSW of OUA units and degrees with almost 100 undergraduate units and more than 35 postgraduate units. New postgraduate courses are being added in a wide range of fields of study.
Macquarie has been named Australia's number 1 modern university. Leading ranking bodies QS and Times Higher Education placed Macquarie first among the nation's universities under 50 years of age. We are recognised for our outstanding research, teaching, innovation, graduate employability and international outlook.
The rankings reinforce our reputation for excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching, our unique approach to learning, our highly skilled graduates, and our first-class facilities.
Macquarie's emergence as a university of international significance despite a relatively short history is due to investing in areas of research excellence as well as investing in our students. Macquarie students don't just learn what to think, they learn how to think across multiple disciplines.
For information on undertaking a unit of study or a Bachelor degree through OUA, all the information you need is at www.open.edu.au .
For current OUA Macquarie students, forms and other important information is provided for your convenience
if you require the handbooks in alternative formats please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- OUA Handbook 2014
- ITS Help Desk
- Open Universities Australia
- NSW Department of Education & Communities
» Students applying for a degree through the Open Universities Australia program should go to www.open.edu.au