Department of Linguistics
Professor Ingrid Piller
Ingrid Piller, PhD, is Professor of Applied Linguistics and previously served as Executive Director of the Adult Migrant English Program Research Centre (AMEP RC).
Her most recent book is Linguistic Diversity and Social Justice published by Oxford University Press.
- Language Testing and Assessment
- Test Validation
- Literacy in a Second Language
- Second language Writing
- Reading in English as a Second or Foreign Language
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- Language Learning Strategies
- Text Analysis
- Teacher Education
Ingrid's research expertise is in the fields of intercultural communication, bilingual education and the sociolinguistics of language learning and multilingualism in the contexts of migration and globalization. Ingrid has published, lectured and consulted widely in these areas.