Department of Ancient History - Community Partners
Welcome to SSEC - The Society for the Study of Early Christianity
This is the Home Page of the Society for the Study of Early Christianity.
SSEC is an organisation based in Sydney NSW Australia at the Macquarie University. If you want to know more about us & our background then view the web page about us.
If you would like to become a member of the society then go to our web page on membership.
Or if you want to contact us by phone or by snail mail or by email see the web page called contact us.
Enjoy our website!
What's new at SSEC: next Seminar & End of Year Christmas Event Tues 10 December 2013
- SSEC Talk - End of Year Christmas Event
- Dr Don Barker, Topic: Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus
- Date: Tues 10 December 2013
- TIme: 7:05pm
- Museum of Ancient Cultures X5B 321
- $5 for members and $8 for non-members
- Confirmed evening event -- note this is one week later than previously announced.
- no need to RSVP - just join us for this wonderful event. Light Christmas Nibbles, tea and coffee etc in a relaxed environment.
More - What's new at SSEC - Conference Planning for May 2014
As further details become available they will be loaded onto the SSEC Annual Conference 2014 Website when they become available.
Note: Full Conference program with speakers, topics, timetable, venue, costs, bio, parking, and registration form etc will be forwarded to SSEC members with the March 2014 (not February) SSEC Newsletter Number 78.
We are gratified that so many quality speakers wish to speak at our annual conference. The SSEC conference sub-committee is looking to select eight speakers (including our visiting speaker) for our curtain raiser evening and for the day conference in May 2014. Senior Post-graduates, Academics and Staff at Tertiary Institutions may apply if they have well advanced papers. We will be preparing the conference timetable, conference brochure, and finalizing speakers in the fourth quarter 2013. If you fit our criteria, and have a well-advanced paper pertinent to the conference topic, you are invited to send an abstract of 200 words, with a suitable portrait photo and your biographical details.
Apply before 30 November 2013 by email to SSEC@mq.edu.au . The information will be forwarded onto the SSEC conference sub-committee for their consideration.
SSEC 2013 Activities are now available
- Go to the Calendar of Events web page. Easy to remember web address is www.mq.edu.au/ssec/events (all in lower case).
Join us on Facebook
- Go to the SSEC Facebook group.
Join us on Academia.edu
- Go to the SSEC Academia page.
- or copy this into your browser http://mq.academia.edu/SocietyfortheStudyofEarlyChristianitySSEC
Useful Downloads in PDF
SSEC Membership Application form (PDF 93.2KB)
Become a member of SSEC.
Please let us know if you want to receive your future SSEC Newsletters electronically. This will significantly lower our printing & postage costs, email: SSEC@mq.edu.au
Papyri from the Rise of Christianity (PCE) Research Donations - can you help?
Download the PCE Research Donation Form [PDF 78KB]
New Donation Request - Wider Biblical Manuscripts Research
Download the new Wider Biblical Manuscripts Research Donation Form [PDF 100KB]