Vehicular access into Campus is available via:
- Culloden Road (via Hadenfield Ave, Link Road and Gymnasium Road)
- Talavera Road (via Research Park Drive)
- Herring Road (via Innovation Road and University Ave)
- Epping Road (via Balaclava Road)
Vehicles are only permitted on public access roads unless otherwise stated.
Macquarie University is located in the suburb of Marsfield. If travelling from the City, the fastest way to reach the University is via the Lane Cove tunnel. If travelling from the Hills districts and the greater west, take the M2 motorway (exit at the Christie Road or Herring Road off-ramps). The University is a short distance from the Sydney Orbtial road network.
Macquarie University has approximately 4,000 parking spaces in a mixture of low rise and on-grade car parks which can be seen on the University parking map. Vehicles may only be parked in designated parking bays. Also check the zone you are in when parking - different carparks and spaces may be designated for a particular kind of parking permit (eg, carpool).
Fees and Regulations
Macquarie University is a paid parking area. You must display a valid form of payment or authorisation or you can risk being fined with a parking infringement notice. There are various payment and ticket options available:
- Staff and students can purchase yearly or half-yearly parking permits that entitles the holder to park their car on-site if a space is available. These are available from the Student Enquiry Service (Level 1, C8A Lincoln).
- Hourly, Daily and Monthly casual parking tickets are available (only for use in X4, X3, W4 and N3 carparks). 'Pay and display' tickets are available from dispensing machines.
- Contractors and labourers can obtain service permits for the duration of their work by request.
- Visitors and guests may receive a green scratch permit. These are valid for one day (of the date scratched) and the vehicle must be parked in a visitors space.
For more information about parking fees and regulations, visit the Parking page.