Ultimate Frisbee is an exciting, non contact team sport played by two 7-person teams.
Ultimate combines the best parts of soccer, American football, basketball and netball to produce a sport which is simple yet demanding.
The basic aim is for the team with the frisbee to pass the disc up the field to others on their team and catch it in the end zone to score points. At the same time the defensive team is trying to intercept it or knock it down. If they succeed, they get possession of the flying disc and try to score in the other end zone.
Our club caters for beginners and experienced players. To compete at top levels players require speed, stamina and agility. Yet the simplicity of Ultimate Frisbee makes it fun and easy to pick up.
We welcome any new players!
February to November.
The Mac Frisbee Club enters two mixed teams in the Sydney Northern Suburbs League, providing ample opportunity to test your skills in a competitive environment.
- The Northern Suburbs League - the "NSL" - plays almost all year round being played on a Monday night. The year is broken up into four seasons, being:
- The NSL Summer League - December to March
- The Autumn Hat - April to May
- The NSL Winter League - June to September
- The Spring Hat - October to November
When: Thursday 6:30pm - 10pm, Campbell Field
Where: Ross Gwilliam Oval, Macquarie University Sport Fields (Cnr Culloden and Talavera Roads, Marsfield)
- Macquarie University Student - $40 for 12 months
- Community - $50 for 12 months
President - Maddison O'Connor
For more information on the Macquarie University Ultimate Frisbee Club, please visit the club Facebook page here.
Contact a sport club
To get in contact with any of the Macquarie University Sport Clubs, please fill in your details below: