The Macquarie University Cheerleading Club was formed in 2004. All teams are highly competitive in their divisions and compete at a number of events across the country.
Positions in our elite teams are highly sought after and require a high level of commitment. Previous cheerleading or gymnastics experience is desired, but not essential, and we welcome beginners. All club members must be at least 17 years of age.
Our season runs from March through to November, with competitions commencing in June.
Come and be a part of the current National Grand Champion University Cheerleading Program! In 2016 we will have 4 competitive teams and 1 sideline Cheer team and we may be sending a team to University Worlds (to be held in Florida, USA in January).
Tryouts: 29th of Feb and 2nd of March at 7:30pm
Location: Gymnastic Hall, Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre
Season dates: 29th Feb- 28th November, 2016
All cheer team trainings are held in the Gymnastics Hall which is located in the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre, with the exception of weekend training and choreography days which are held at Highrise Cheerleading, 6/4 Prosperity Parade, Warriewood.
- Level 4 Coed - Mondays 8pm - 10pm and seven Saturday training days from 10am to 2pm during May to November (at Highrise Cheerleading). This team has 16 positions available and is open to current Macquarie University students only.
- Level 4 All Girl - Wednesdays 8pm - 10pm and seven Saturday training days from 10am to 2pm during May to November (at Highrise Cheerleading). This team has 20 positions available and is open to current Macquarie University students only.
- Level 2 Coed or All Girl - Tuesdays 8.30pm to 10pm. This team has 20 to 24 positions available and is open to both current Macquarie University students (60%) as well as alumni, non-students and members of the general public (40%).
- Level 2 Coed or All Girl - Thursdays 8.30pm to 10pm. This team has 20 to 24 positions available and is open to current Macquarie University students only.
Each team will also have compulsory choreography days held in March, April or May.
Training commences in Week 2 of Session 1 and continues until the end of Session 2. There will be the following breaks from training:
- 6 - 10 April (1 week of the Session 1 mid-session break)
- 29 June - 10 July (2 weeks of the winter break)
- 14 - 18 September (1 week of the Session 2 mid-session break)
- Winterfest Season Starter - Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 June 2015 (Sydney)
- State Championships - Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 September 2015 (Sydney)
- Scholastic National Championships - Sunday 25 October 2015 (Sydney)
- Battle at the Beaches - Sunday 8 November 2015 (Sydney)
- All-star National Championships - Friday 28 November to Sunday 30 November 2015 (Melbourne)
- $350 for 6 months
Uniforms and cheer shoes must also be purchased.
- Cheer: Beth Docker (President)
Email the club at email@example.com
- Cheer: www.facebook.com/mqucheerleading
- Instagram: @mqucheer