Why Macquarie University?
In addition to your field booking, we can provide the following services:
- Over 250 parking spots
- Lighting on each field
- Canteen and BBQ area
- 4 x changerooms
- Field preparation and event staff including first aid
- Catering services available
Various international sporting teams have taken full advantage of the Sport Fields, including the All Blacks, the Dutch National Football Team and the Matildas. Exclusive functions for VIPs and dignitaries may also be organised. The needs of the athletes will be prioritised at all times.
The ultimate training destination
Macquarie University Sport Fields are ideally located close to many transport hubs:
- Sydney International Airport is 33 kilometres away
- Macquarie University Train Station is only 2 kilometres away
- Road access (via M2 Motorway) is within 1 kilometre
- The state-of-the-art Macquarie University Hospital is located on campus, 1 kilometre from both the sporting infrastructure and the recommended accommodation provider, the Courtyard by Marriot Sydney, North Ryde
See our Clients
The sport fields are utilised by Macquarie University sporting teams, local communities, members, Macquarie University partners and visiting elite sporting teams.
"Macquarie University Sport should be proud of its achievement; the Quality Awards are the highest accolade that our industry can award to a fitness provider. Macquarie University Sport's
customers can be confident that they are with one of the very best fitness providers in the country."
- Lauretta Stace, Chief Executive Officer of Fitness Australia
Macquarie University and Sydney Football Club signed an agreement in August 2007 which provides for Sydney FC establishing their Hyundai A-League and academy training base at the Macquarie University Sport Fields Precinct.
"Sydney FC is blessed to be able to train at Macquarie University, it is a pleasant place to come to work every day. We are fortunate to have a very good playing surface to train on, which is crucial for professional football, and the pool and gym allow us to prepare and recover from games and training
in first class professional facilities."
- Brett Emerton, Former Socceroo, Blackburn FC and Sydney FC player
"...The facilities at Macquarie University are some of the best I have experienced when attending camp for the Matildas. The recovery centre, which includes a gym and pool, is conveniently situated next door to the training and playing fields... More specifically, the fields in particular were always
in pristine condition and allowed the team to train at a high quality level when preparing for important tournaments such as the 2010 AFC Women's Asian Cup and 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup."
- Sarah Walsh, Member of Australian Women's National team Westfield Matildas 2004-2012
"The three grounds used for our Grand Final day were in fantastic condition, and made for some great football throughout the day. The onsite facilities, large number of parking spaces, and viewing areas for spectators, also added enormous value to our day. We couldn't have asked for better support."
- Simon Smyth, AFL NSW
The Vince Barclay Tennis Academy houses 12 courts including artificial grass, European clay and Australian Open hard courts.
To make a booking or for more information on The Vince Barclay Tennis Academy: