Casual Pool Entry
|Macquarie University Student||$5.50|
|Concession/Child/Macquarie University Staff||$5.70|
Farewell Event: Thursday 13 April 2017
Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre will proudly host the farewell of Dee Anderson, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students and Registrar) on Thursday 13 April 2017.
Our operating hours will remain as normal, however there will be a number of changes to various programs and lap lane availability. Please see below for further information.
MQ Children’s Programs
- Swim Squads and Swim School will be cancelled from 12.00pm onwards on Thursday 13 April. Direct debits for affected members will be adjusted accordingly in the Tuesday 11 April debit.
Group Fitness Classes
- 12:00pm Body Attack will be relocated to the Lifestyle Studio
- 1:00pm Tai Chi will be cancelled
- 1:00pm Zumba will be relocated to the Recreation Hall
- 4:30pm Zumba will be relocated to the Recreation Hall
Lap Lane Availability
- Both the 25m and 50m pools will be closed between 1:00pm – 5:00pm; there will be no lap swimming lanes available during this time.
Member and Guest Centre Access
We ask all members and guests to please enter and exit using the old members entrance located on Level 1. This will be available between 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
We thank you for your understanding as we celebrate Dee’s countless achievements and milestones for Macquarie University. Please note that this is a private event.
Changes to Operating Hours: Easter Long Weekend & ANZAC Day
Centre Operating Hours
Friday 14 April 2017: Centre Closed
Saturday 15 April 2017: 6:00am – 7:00pm (Pools close at 6:45pm)
Sunday 16 April 2017: 6:00am – 7:00pm (Pools close at 6:45pm)
Monday 17 April 2017: 6:00am – 7:00pm (Pools close at 6:45pm)
Tuesday 25 April 2017: 1:00pm – 7:00pm (Pools close at 6:45pm)
Changes to the following MQ Programs will occur across these five (5) days:
- Swim Squads and Gymnastics Squads will be cancelled.
- Gymnastics will be cancelled. Direct debits for affected members will be adjusted accordingly in the Tuesday 11 April debit for Easter and the Tuesday 25 April debit for ANZAC Day.
- Swim School will be cancelled. Direct debits for affected members will be adjusted accordingly in the Tuesday 11 April debit for Easter and the Tuesday 25 April debit for ANZAC Day.
- Mini Mac Children’s Martial Arts will be cancelled. Direct debits for affected members will be adjusted accordingly in the Tuesday 11 April debit for Easter and the Tuesday 25 April debit for ANZAC Day.
- Social Sport Competitions including Basketball and Netball will be cancelled.
- Social Futsal, Badminton, Basketball, Squash and Table Tennis Sessions will be cancelled.
- Martial Arts including Taekwondo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kick Boxing and Boxing will be cancelled.
Public Holiday class information can be found on our Group Fitness Page and via WarriorWeb.
Small Group Training
Small Group Training (SGT) will only run on Monday 17 April at 12:00pm, 12:30pm and 1:00pm. No sessions will take place on Friday 14 and Tuesday 25 April.
25m Pool Lane Availability - Saturdays
Our Swim School has expanded! As such, we will now utilise all lanes of the 25m indoor pool each Saturday.
The Recreation Lane will be available prior to 8.00am, and lap lanes will reopen from 5.00pm. Lanes for lap swimming will still be available in the 50m outdoor pool.
Please note that there will be no changes to lane availability on Sundays.
We encourage all members and guests to please continue to view our lap swimming timetable (link below) for regular lap lane availability updates.
Lap swimming timetables
To help our patrons better understand the best times to plan their aquatic activities over the upcoming festive period, please consult the lap lane availability guide below:
- The bulkheads (lane dividers) will be in the 50m pool from lanes one to five (1-5), Monday to Friday, 3pm - 8pm.
Lap lane etiquette
Ramp lane notice to swimmers
The ramp lane in the 25m pool is not for recreational swimming. This area must remain clear at all times to allow swimmers to enter or exit the pool. Lifeguards will be monitoring this area to ensure the area remains clear.
Macquarie University Sport also abides to the 'Keep Watch' policy which states:
- Children 0 - 5 years and non-swimmers must be within arms reach of a parent/guardian at all times
- Children 6 - 10 years must have constant supervision by a parent/guardian
- Children 11 - 14 years must have a parent/guardian regularly checking up on them.
As a parent/guardian, please ensure you bring your swimwear to enter the water with children aged 0 - 5 years or weak swimmers. Lifeguards will ask any unsupervised children to leave the pool.
To assist all members with their exercise needs, we have allocated a walk/run lane in the 25m pool from Monday to Friday, 9am - 12pm. This will be located in lane five (5) next to the recreational swimming lane.