1. What are the hours of operation for the Centre?
Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre is open from 5:30am until 10:00pm on weekdays and from 6:00am to 7:00pm on weekends and public holidays.
2. Where is the Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre located?
Visit our Contact Us page for our address and a map of our location.
3. As a member, why do I need to have my photo taken at the Customer Service Desk?
We ask that you have your photo taken when you sign up for membership as a security measure, in order to ensure that someone else is not using your card in the event that it is lost or stolen.
4. Can I loan my card to my spouse, partner, friend, or other relative?
No, membership at Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre is not transferrable.
5. How can I book in for Group Fitness classes?
You can book in for Group Fitness classes up to two hours before the start of the class. There are three ways to book in:
- Online via Warrior Web Member Portal
- At one of our self-serve kiosks located in the foyer at the Sport & Aquatic Centre
- At the Customer Service Desk
Please be aware that all Group Fitness classes are capped with a maximum attendance number and that all classes close within five minutes of the start time.
6. I've purchased a ten- or twenty-visit pass. When does it expire?
Ten visit passes expire three months from the date of purchase. Twenty visit passes expire six months from the date of purchase. The possibility of extension is available only when a medical certificate is provided. To view your visit pass expiry date login into our member portal, Warrior Web.
7. What are the conditions of entry for the Health Club?
Minors (under age sixteen) are not permitted entry to the Health Club for any reason. Towel usage is a condition of entry for the Health Club. There are limited towels for hire ($3 each) at the Customer Service Desk or towels can be purchased from our retail range. Patrons must wear clothing appropriate for training (in particular, closed shoes designed for athletic purposes).
8. Can I bring non-Members to the Centre for a game of squash or badminton?
Yes, a casual entrance fee will apply. For more information visit our Court Hire page.
9. Are lockers available?
Yes, lockers are available to patrons. MQU Sport does not guarantee the availability of lockers at any given time. The Centre does not accept responsibility for items which are lost or stolen from the lockers or other areas of the Centre and its surrounds.
10. How can I submit a complaint?
You may submit a complaint verbally to any staff member in the Centre. You may also submit a written complaint by completing a feedback form. Forms are located at Crunch Cafe, the entrance to the 25-metre pool, the Health Club, and just outside of the Sports Hall. If you provide your name and contact details, a staff member will be in contact with you within two business days. Alternatively you can submit your feedback online.
11. What parking facilities are available for patrons of the Centre?
Patrons of Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre are entitled to two hours of free parking in the N3 car park. MQU Sport does not accept responsibility for any parking fines received by patrons.
12. If I'm bringing my children to the Centre for a pool visit, what are the protocols?
Children under age thirteen must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (aged eighteen years or older) at all times whilst in the Centre. For young children aged 0-5 years and/or non-swimmers, a parent or guardian must be in the water within arm's reach of the child. For children aged 5-12 years, a parent must closely supervise the child and remain in the aquatic area.
13. Is there a creche available for young children?
Yes. Our MiniMac Kidz Club is available for Members with children aged six months to five years old. Our Mini Mac Kidz Club is open from 8:45am-11:45am Monday to Friday.
14. How can I freeze my membership?
Suspensions allow you to freeze your gym membership when you can't attend.
- Suspensions are available for Direct Debit Memberships and Term Memberships of four (4) months or more.
- Suspension requests must be made for a minimum seven (7) day period. Suspension requests may take up to five (5) business days to be processed.
- Suspension requests cannot be back dated.
- Members can suspend their membership for up to twelve (12) weeks within a calendar year. The first twenty eight (28) days are free of charge. Subsequent Suspensions will incur a 0.36c per day administration fee.
For more information please visit our Membership Suspensions page.
15. How can I cancel my membership?
Cancellations must be completed in person at the Customer Service Desk at the Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre. To discuss your membership cancellation please contact our Customer Service Team on (02) 9850 7636.
Cancellations can also be completed online.
16. How do I book a court?
Customers can book courts three ways:
- Online via Warrior Web Member Portal (Members Only)
- Over the phone with our Customer Service Team at (02) 9850 7636
- At the Customer Service Desk
Court Hire remains subject to availability. For more information visit our Court Hire webpage.
17. When does my Direct Debit membership expire?
All direct debit memberships are continuous. The responsibility to cancel is with the Member.
18. Can I get a Health Fund Receipt?
Members with Health Insurance may be eligible to claim a rebate for their gym membership from their insurer. Click here to apply for a Health Fund Receipt.