Exercise Physiology Service
We all know we have to include exercise in our everyday lives, but it is more important to exercise right for who you are. If you live with any chronic condition or injury and don't know how to get started, contact our Accredited Exercise Physiologist.
What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) specialise in clinical exercise interventions for persons at high risk of developing, or with existing chronic and complex medical conditions and injuries.
These interventions are provided by exercise delivery including health and physical activity education, advice and support, and lifestyle modification with a string focus on achieving behavioural change.
AEPs are recognised allied health professionals and are specialists in their field, displaying a diverse range of knowledge and skills, working across a variety of areas in health, exercise and sport.
Who should see an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
AEPs treat and manage a broad range of conditions, including common health conditions that are preventable an treatable.
Accredited Exercise Physiologists can help treat and/or manage
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- High blood pressure
- Pre and post-surgery
- Lower back pain
- Postural Imbalance
- Cerebal Palsy
- Falls or poor balance
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Occupational injury
What makes AEPs different to other exercise professionals?
- They are University qualified
- They undertake strict accreditation
- They can treat and work with all type of people, those who want to improve their health and wellbeing to those unfortunately living with a chronic disease
- They are eligible to register with Medicare Australia, the Department of Veterans Affairs and WorkCover and are recognised by most private health insurers
- AEPs have the skills and experience to prescribe exercise for chronic disease and injury
If you have any questions, please contact us on (02) 9850 7636, visit us in person, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the enquiry form below.