Timetable & FAQ
1. How much does a Gymnastics Membership cost?
Gymnastics sessions are charged at $37.00 per fortnight per child, payable by direct debit only. For children attending swimming classes at Macquarie University Swim School, combined Gymnastics and Swimming membership fees are discounted to $59.20 per fortnight. If a parent of a child is a full paying member of the gym, the child's lessons are discounted by 20%. The fortnightly fee is based on one lesson per week. Discounts can only be applied once, either for a combined memberships (Gymnastics/Swimming/Martial Arts) or for a full paying parent/child discount. Not both.
Please note that permission to deduct from a credit card or bank account must come directly from the account holder, and that when signing up for Gymnastics lessons the direct debit form must be signed in person by the account holder.
Each gymnast will also need to pay a one off Gymnastics NSW registration fee of $47.00 for non-competitive children and $83.00 for competitive children.
2. What is a Swim School & Gymnastics Multi-Membership?
Did you know if you are a member of the Swim School and the Gymnastics program you receive a discount on your fortnightly cost for each program? Multi-memberships include a weekly swimming lesson, weekly gymnastics lesson (45-60 minute classes only) and free swimming outside of the lesson times. Multi-memberships are available at the reduced rate of $59.20 per fortnight. If you would like to arrange a complimentary Gymnastics assessment please contact the Macquarie University Gymnastics Club on (02) 9850 4414.
**Please note classes above one hour are subject to a different reduced rate**
3. When are sessions run?
- Monday - Friday between 9.30am - 11:45am
- Tuesdays between 3.30pm - 4:15pm
- Thursdays between 3.30pm - 4.15pm
- Saturdays between 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Sundays between 8:00 - 11:00am
- Monday - Friday between 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Saturdays between 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Sundays between 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Monday from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Tuesday from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Wednesday from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Thursday (morning) from 6:00am - 8:00am
- Thursday from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Friday from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Saturday from 12:00 - 3:00pm
We are currently expanding our program. Please contact the Gymnastics Administration staff for more information about our class time-table and current availability on (02) 9850 4414.
4. How do I book in for lessons?
Our Gymnastics office is open Monday to Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm, Saturdays from 9:00am - 4:00pm and Sundays from 9:00am - 12:00pm. Our administration team would be happy to assist you in enrolling your child into the appropriate level, with Gymnastics assessments available to children with extensive previous experience. Please contact our Gymnastics office for further details or to book an assessment.
5. What happens if I miss a lesson?
To claim a missed lesson, you must first advise the Gymnastics Administration Desk of non-attendance at least 2 hours prior to your child's regular class. Members who do not advise of their child's absence from their lesson will not be eligible for a make-up class. To redeem a missed lesson, you must ring on the day you wish to attend to see if any spaces are available in your desired class. Make-up lessons are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed on the preferred day/time.
You must claim your make-up lesson within the 3 months period (Start of school holidays to end of Term).
WHO is eligible for a make-up lesson?
- Eligibility Period for Term 1: 5th January - 2nd April 2015
- Eligibility Period for Term 2: 7th April - 28th June 2015
- Eligibility Period for Term 3: 29th June - 20th September 2015
- Eligibility Period for Term 4: 21st September - 20th December 2015
HOW do I claim a missed lesson?
To claim a missed lesson, you must first advise the Gymnastics Administration Desk of non-attendance at least two hours prior to your child's regular class. Members that do not advise that their child will not be attending their lesson will not be eligible for a make-up class.
To redeem a missed lesson, you must ring on the day you wish to attend to see if any spaces are available in your desired class. Make-up lessons are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed on the preferred day/time. You must claim your make-up lesson within the three months period (start of school holidays to end of Term).
WHEN can I redeem my missed lesson?
- Eligibility Period for Term 1: 6 January - 13 April 2014
- Eligibility Period for Term 2: 14 April - 29 June 2014
- Eligibility Period for Term 3: 30 June - 21 September 2014
- Eligibility Period for Term 4: 22 September - December 2014
Terms and Conditions:
- Missed Lessons are not transferable from one period to another and do not carry over.
- Missed Lessons that are not claimed will be forfeited and are subject to availability.
- Members must advise of non-attendance to be eligible for a make-up.
- Missed Lessons cannot be redeemed for the Swimming component of Multi-Memberships.
- Missed lessons are not claimable once cancelled from Gymnastics Classes.
6. Who should I talk to about my child's progress?
The best person to speak to about your child's progress within the program is the Floor Supervisor. Our Supervisors are more than happy to discuss your child's progress and how they can improve. If you want further take home training please see our Gymnastics office during operating hours and they will be happy to help.
7. Do lessons continue during the holidays?
All gymnastics programs and lessons run the year round including school holidays, with a two (2) week break over the Christmas period and public holidays the exception.
8. What do we bring to lessons?
Girls are to train in leotards (available for purchase from the Macquarie University Gymnastics Leptard shop) and boys in a t-shirt and shorts. Leggings and bike pants are also permitted, and wraps can be used to keep warm. Bare feet are essential in the Gymnasium. Gymnasts hair should be pulled back off and away from the face and eyes. Please refrain from wearing oversized jewellery such as large watches, rings and sunglasses etc. And bring a drink of water and a healthy snack for after the class.
9. How do I cancel my membership?
After the minimum twelve (12) week term (six fortnightly debits) has been completed, members can chose to cancel with 15 days notice. A cancellation form must be completed in person and submitted to the Gymnastics desk.
Download the Gymnastics Class Timetable 2014. Please note that classes are subject to availability.
Phone: (02) 9850 4414