Women's Junior Development
45/120 minutes; maximum 8 gymnasts
Classes run on a 1:8 ratio, with athletes typically aged between 3 to 5 years. In these classes, athletes develop their skills in flexibility, strength, power, coordination and spatial awareness. This training takes place on the Olympic apparatus of vault, beam, bars, floor and trampoline.
Classes are split into two levels:
- Junior Development (a 45 minute Kinder Gym morning program); and
- Advanced Women's Junior Development (a 2-hour class; training twice weekly in the afternoon)
Due to the specific nature of this program, this class is by invitation only.
Men's Junior Development
180 minutes; maximum 10 gymnasts
Classes run on a 1:10 ratio, with athletes typically aged between 5 - 12 years. In these classes, athletes develop their skills in flexibility, strength, power, coordination and spatial awareness.
This training takes place on the Olympic apparatus of rings, parallel bars, pommel horse, vault, floor, high bar and trampoline. The Men's Junior Development class is a 3-hour class once per week.
Competitive Gymnastics - WAG
Development Squads (competitive):
Many gymnasts enjoy the challenge and excitement of competitive gymnastics. We offer a development program which delivers the skills and opportunities to learn and compete in levels 1-3. In addition, we offer a competitive line for all levels of the Gymnastics Australia Program in Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) (levels 4-10). WAG consists of four events: floor, beam, bars and vault.
WAG is the perfect sport to teach your child focus and discipline - skills that can assist with their learning and concentration. Competitive gymnastics provides opportunities to assist in the following:
- Building strength and prepares the body for all of life's physical challenges
- Enhances coordination and agility
- Develops posture and confident body movement
- Challenges the mind to reach new goals
- Develops healthy minds and bodies for now and later in life
- Enhancing coordination and agility, for body awareness and balance
- Enhancing creativity and build self-confidence, for sport and life
For further information regarding our Gymnastics Program please see our head coach or visit the Gymnastics Administration desk.