Sport Leader Program
We want to bring together motivated future leaders of the sport and fitness industry and enable the opportunity to grow a peer support network.
This program has been developed with a 70:20:10 approach to learning;
- 70% - relevant on-the-job experiences, tasks, and problem solving – we want you to put your theory and knowledge into practice
- 20% - mentoring from leaders across the business and industry
- 10% - formal training and qualifications
The learning and development focus over the first year will be basic professional skills, hands on managerial opportunities and leadership development. While in the second year you will be able to build on your business and industry awareness and exposure, gain opportunities in project management, financial resourcing and be enabled to take your next steps into the sport and fitness industry.
Once you have successfully completed your two years you will take away a portfolio of achievements, training and experiences allowing you to stand out in this fast paced and dynamic industry.
Is this you?
- You’re passionate and committed, and want to be involved in the sport and fitness industry
- You’re looking for a long-term career in sport and fitness
- You’re either a recent graduate (or due to complete within 6 months) in the field of sport (inclusive of an undergraduate degree, TAFE certificate or relevant qualification); OR an elite athlete; OR you’ve high levels of experience
- You have relevant qualifications
- You have a current Working with Children Check, First Aid and CPR certification (or willing to obtain)
- You’ve a demonstrated commitment to the Campus Life values
The selection process will involve the following:
- First Round: face to face panel interview
- Second Round: a presentation to the Sport Manager and General Manager, Sport & Recreation
- Reference Checks: current/most recent employer and previous employer
Show us in your CV and cover letter, how your love and passion for sport will enable you to stand out from the crowd.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer & aim to promote diversity. All applications will be considered. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.