As a Macquarie University staff member or student, you will most likely require access to a number of the areas/buildings across the Campus, some of which are "access controlled".
The University's access control system is integrated within its Campus Card environment, so you are able to use your Card for many varied functions, including swipe card access.
Find out more about the University's Campus Card.
Information and steps to take for students and staff to organise access to your required student / teaching / work areas.
- Your Campus card will be issued to you when you commence at the University as either a student or staff member. The University's Campus Card is integrated with our Campus Access Control system which enables individuals to access certain controlled areas when activated.
- Application for access to relevant student/teaching/work areas needs to be approved prior to its activation. This is done through your Faculty/Department nominated Access Control Administrator - see below for the listing. If you are unsure which Faculty/Department you need, contact the Security Control Centre on 9850 7112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activation of access privileges is done by the nominated Administrator and once programmed is available immediately for use.
- Door readers operate by placing your campus card approx 1cm from the front face of the reader. Hold the card in position for 1-2 seconds, until you hear a beep and the red light turns to green, the door will unlock allowing you to open the door. Try again if the door does not open, if it is still not opening contact your Administrator or Security Services (ext 7112 or 9850 7112).
- Keypad readers are a door reader that incorporates a pin pad. To gain access during normal office hours simply swipe your card over the Number "5" key. Staff may need to access doors where these readers do require a Pin code, your Access Control Administrator will be able to provide you with a Pin code if it is confirmed that you require access. To access using a Pin code, swipe your card over the Number "5", wait till the light goes green, then enter your Pin code.
- Take care of your card, do not punch holes, bend, scratch the magnetic strip or expose to extreme heat, as the cards contain technical data to enable them to be operational. Replacement cards will incur a fee.
Your access privileges need to be approved prior to activation. Check this complete listing of Administrators to find your Facility / Department.
|Access Requirement||Location||Authorised Contact||Contact Email|
|Faculty of Arts|
|Arts||Various areas (exceptions listed below)||John McEvoyemail@example.com|
|HDR Candidates||Y3A 10 Hadenfeld Ave||
|Law||W3A 6 First Walk||Debbie Loofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MMCCS||Y3A 10 Hadenfeld Ave||
|SSC||Y3A 10 Hadenfeld Ave||
|Faculty of Business and Economics|
|FBE||E4A 4 Eastern Rd||Betty Opacicemail@example.com|
|Faculty of Human Sciences|
|Cognitive Science||AHH 16 University Ave||
|Education||Various areas||Alison Pollardfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Institute of Early Childhood (IEC)||X5B 29 Wally's Walk||Julie McCorquodaleemail@example.com|
|Linguistics||C5A 12 Second Way||Margaret Woodfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Psychology||C3A 4 First Walk||Neville McElroyemail@example.com|
|Psychology - Emotional Health||AHH 16 University Ave||Shari Hendriksfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Psychology - MUPC||AHH 16 University Ave||Sabina Morrowemail@example.com|
|Psychology - MUCHE||E4A 4 Eastern Rd||Meredith Lillfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Psychology - Mindspot||AHH 16 University Ave||Carol Purtellemail@example.com|
|Special Education Centre||X5A 14 First Walk||
|SIM Hub||Y3A 10 Hadenfeld Ave||Mark Wigginsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences|
|Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI)||75 Talavera Rd||Sheree Crickemail@example.com|
|Biomedical Sciences||75 Talavera Rd||Laura Neweyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clinical Medicine||75 Talavera Rd||Collette Tosenemail@example.com|
|Faculty||75 Talavera Rd||Shanna O'Connorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Health Professions - Physiotherapy||75 Talavera Rd||Michelle Jeffreyemail@example.com|
|Faculty of Science and Engineering|
|APAF||E8C 6 Wally's Walk||Alamgir Khanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Science||All Science Areas||Ron Claassensemail@example.com|
|DVC - Research|
|Animal Research Facility||F9A 15 Research Park Dr||Christine Sutterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brain Behaviour & Evolution - Fauna Park||W21A 209a Culloden Rd||Robby Milleremail@example.com|
|HDRO||C5C 17 Wally's Walk||Lynn Davisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Research Office||C5C 17 Wally's Walk||Eleanor Johnsonemail@example.com|
|DVC - Students and Registrar|
Banksia 8 Link Rd|
Campus Hub 1 Central Courtyard
Sports and Aquatic Centre 10 Gymnasium Rd
|MUSE||C7A 18 Wally's Walkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|DVC - Academic|
W6B 25 Wally's Walk|
C3B 2 First Walk
|Library||C3C 16 Macquarie Walk||
Library Study Spaces
|MUIC||E3A 10 Macquarie Walk||Paula Jimenezplazaemail@example.com|
|Macquarie International||E3A 10 Macquarie Walk||Natalia Villenafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|PACE||EMC Building 3 Innovation Rd||Georgette Roumanosemail@example.com|
|Business Services, OFS||EMC Building 3 Innovation Rd||Andrew Hallmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Human Resources||C5C 17 Wally's Walk||Jason Fergusonemail@example.com|
|Information Technology||Various areas||Rajnesh Koulfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Property||Y6A 2 Link Rd||Sharon Crosbyemail@example.com|
|MGSM||1 Executive Rd||Pauline Bradleyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|English Language Centre||E3B 8 Sir Christopher Ondaatje Ave||Philip Whiteemail@example.com|