Reserve & unit readings
Reserve is a collection of high-demand materials submitted by lecturers. It provides fair access for Macquarie and SIBT students to essential unit readings.
What can I borrow?
You can borrow:
- two reserve items for three hours or overnight, or
- one DVD/videos for viewing in the Library.
Reserve items are:
- books for units
- private copies loaned to the Library by teaching staff. Ask at the counter.
- audiovisual material (mostly streaming video or DVD)
Locating Reserve items
To search items in Reserve go to MultiSearch, select 'Unit Readings' and type in your unit code.
To browse items on the shelves, go to Reserve on level 2 of the Library.
If you cannot find an item on the Reserve shelves, check:
- Unit Readings for online documents, including journal articles, book chapters, lecture and tutorial notes, past exam papers or other materials provided by teaching staff.
- Borrow items using your Campus Card
- Items borrowed from Reserve may be taken out of the Library except:
- Private copy items
- Reference books
- Items from the Closed access collection held in Reserve
Overnight loans can be borrowed three hours before Library closing and must be returned by 8.00 am on the next working day. DVD/videos are not available for overnight loan.
During opening hours, return all Reserve items to the Reserve return chute at the Collection point on level 2.
If the Library is closed, return Reserve items to the main return chutes or the after hours returns chutes, outside the Library, on Macquarie Drive.
Fines & penalties
Invoice $200 for replacement costs next business day plus $25 administration fee.
Other Reserve facilities
A networked print station & two photocopying machines are located in Reserve.
DVD / video booths
Booths are provided in Reserve for viewing Library AV items. Priority is given to DVD/videos in the Reserve collection. Only one DVD/videos can be used at a time. You must provide your own headphones.
Call: 9850 7551
Address: Level 5, Macquarie University Library, NSW 2109