How to borrow
Return / Renew / Recall / Hold items
When the Library is open, return items to the return chutes located at the Library entrance.
The after hours return chute is beside the Library on Macquarie Drive.
Your items will be automatically renewed unless they are:
- Reserve items
- Items on hold
- Items on recall
- Overdue items
- Items owing large fines
- Interlibrary loans (contact interlibrary loans)
Check my loans:
What happens when an item is recalled?
The due date of a recalled item will be changed to a minimum of one week from the date of recall. You will receive an email notification.
Placing an item on hold
If an item that you want is on loan you can put a hold on it. Then the item will be recalled. Use MyLibrary to place a hold. Items will be held for four business days.
Holds can be placed on the Library's main collections not Reserve items.
Automated Retrieval Collection Request
All Campus Card holders and guests can request items from the Automated Retrieval Collection (ARC). If you don't have a Campus Card
enquire at the desk on level 2 or call 1800 300 753.
The item will be available at the Collection Point on level 2 within 30 minutes.
For assistance, please contact us on level 2 of the Library (C3C) or call 9850 7500.
How to place a request?
- On MultiSearch books in the ARC will say Automated Retrieval Collection - place a request
- Sign in to place a request
- Request the item by selecting the Place a Hold/Closed Collection Request/Automated Retrieval link
- When requesting a serial, ensure you select the correct volume from the select copy drop down box.
- Collect your item from the Resource Collection Point on level 2 of the Library (C3C)
- Items will be held for four business days