Staff are encouraged to consider the whole lifecycle of all products and services purchased. University policies help guide staff on how to make best decisions regarding purchasing sustainably. Where possible, any furniture requirements are sourced from our Furniture Reuse Store.
The food available at Macquarie University embodies principles of Sustainable catering:
- various Fair Trade options
- range of healthy menu items
- increased vegetarian, vegan, organic and gluten free options
- packaging approximately 100% biodegradable/compostable
- sale of reusable mugs
- financial incentives encouraging patrons to bring reusable mugs
Learn more about sustainable purchasing at Macquarie.