Support and engagement
Support and engagement opportunities with Walanga Muru
Macquarie University strives to ensure Indigenous success and excellence on campus. Walanga Muru was formed to support all Aboriginal students and staff, whilst also informing and guiding non-Indigenous staff and students on campus.
Walanga Muru offers the following services and support at Macquarie University:
- Indigenous cultural guidance and advice
- embedding Indigenous knowledge and perspectives into curriculum
- fostering Indigenous student excellence
- linkages with academic support services within each faculty
- Indigenous cadetship placement opportunities
- Indigenous cultural events
- Indigenous voice for policy development and implementation
- input into Indigenous research
- supporting staff to better understand the learning needs and support of Indigenous students
- supporting Indigenous professional development.